How far do you walk each day on average?

gamer.tv

This just came to my mind after a small thread on Twitter. 

On a normal day, I’ll walk about 12-14km, then add on maybe 8-10km more if I’ve run that day. 

I generally take the bus to work, which involves a 2km walk, then with my job, chasing around after my daughter, few errands always seem to cover about the same distance. 

Monday through Friday I run 4 miles before work, and then in the course of my work day walk another 2-3 miles. I usually go up and down 2-3 flights of stairs a dozen or so times a day as well. Sat-Sunday, if not working, possibly as little as a quarter mile a day. 

I usually get my 10k steps per day (though I know there's some debate about whether that is a good goal) between walking with coworkers at lunch and taking my dog out for walks. I think that usually translates to about 5 miles. 

There were a couple summers where I was running regularly and that number would be higher, but I've now gotten a desk job and am lazier. :p

Like 5-5.5 miles per day. I know my the Samsung step counter registers using the elliptical as steps so probably a bit inflated if you only count actual walking. But lately I'm also in the gym at least five days a week doing a lot of stationary bike as well as weight lifting. 

A lot of this is because I walk to work most days. 

• Like 1

I’m going to try to walk more now that I don’t have to worry about pain affecting my sleep at night as much anymore but lately it’s been pretty bad from the miles I used to walk a day to maybe like 5 minutes of outside of the house walking. I’ll be able to work on building more pain tolerance now, went to 4 stores in one day today which is a lot. My foot is fucking burning atm

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Captain Pickle said:

@Biggie

how is this confusing. I mean you’re right I’ll probably drive my car more but I thought it was pretty clear. Plus, I wanted to air my frustration about this and saw an opportunity 

Why steal the tires and not the entire bike?