Persona 3 Reload & Persona 5 Tactica leak on Atlus Instagram (Both coming to Xbox Gamepass)

Brian

49 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I might actually give this a shot tomorrow. I might dig it if I liked 5 as much as I did. 

The problem with 5 was too much dialogue. I wonder if it's the same here. 

Yes. All Persona games follow the same formula. Lots of dialogue. 

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Fuckin forgot about this today. Let me know how it is when you play more. 

I’ve already played it a lot on the PSP. It’s good. It’s a Persona game. Not much I can say about it. Persona is Persona.  Back then it was called Persona 3 Portable. 

• Thanks 1

The first Persona I played was P4G. It was a Vita exclusive for a few years. Because of that, I agree that these feel like HH games.

I can remember how I played P3. It was either on Vita or PS3. Not sure if Vita had the FES edition or not.

Game looks so much better with motion blur turned off. The motion blur in this game has some real fuckin' Nintendo Please Hire This Man energy. Also, now that Atlus of all companies is just casually using raytraced reflections on random mirrors in crowded hallways that reflects the entire crowd, no one else has an excuse anymore! This is the company who released their last mainline game on the fucking PS3 in damn near 2017! And it ran well on there because it wasn't doing anything technically impressive!

IF ATLUS CAN DO IT, YOU MOTHERFUCKERS CAN DO IT TOO

• True 1
  • Halal 1

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

Game looks so much better with motion blur turned off. The motion blur in this game has some real fuckin' Nintendo Please Hire This Man energy. Also, now that Atlus of all companies is just casually using raytraced reflections on random mirrors in crowded hallways that reflects the entire crowd, no one else has an excuse anymore! This is the company who released their last mainline game on the fucking PS3 in damn near 2017! And it ran well on there because it wasn't doing anything technically impressive!

IF ATLUS CAN DO IT, YOU MOTHERFUCKERS CAN DO IT TOO

On UE4 no less!!!!

33 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

How's the combat of Persona 3? I love the storyline and social part of Persona 4, but the dungeons and combat are such a drag compared to Persona 5.

Same. Persona games are Persona games. 

4 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

How's the combat of Persona 3? I love the storyline and social part of Persona 4, but the dungeons and combat are such a drag compared to Persona 5.

I'm still very early (will play more today), but so far I'm much more optimistic. I tried to play 4 when it released on PC and while everything outside the dungeons was great, I also just couldn't take how boring the dungeons were compared to the excellent dungeons in 5.

3 appears to be going the route of one long random dungeon you keep traversing (going up higher and higher) and it's not going to be in 5's ballpark, but it's still much more visually exciting than the extremely boring and fogged corridors of 4. It feels closer to mementos in 5 than the corridors of 4.

The combat itself is also good. Feels more like 5 and all the flair they've added to it makes it feel much closer to 5. 5 is still a bit more visually interesting, but this is a commendable update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I looked up the ending and I don't think I'll get the remake. It's the same, which I expected, but it's shot/presented slightly differently. P3 has always had the most emotional ending and I feel their new direction ruins what made the P3 ending so special to me.

I still have tons more game left, so my mind might change, but my feeling is this is a very solid update that brings a lot of the polish of P5 to it. But there are definitely some limitations in design where P5 clearly advanced. The dungeons in P5, of course, were much better. But beyond that, P5 did a much better job getting you invested in each part because every part had a new villain that they built up tied directly to one of the character's plight. It made everything much more meaningful. And it progressively scaled to crazy heights, but took its time getting there. In P3, you're just kind of going through the dungeon cause, well, the shadows seem like a problem. But there is no hook for each segment.

P5 also just has much better music. I'm enjoying what's in P3R, but it's more repetitive and just doesn't slap as hard.

• 4 weeks later...

Expansion pass that has music and the female protag episode coming

Persona 3 Reload: Expansion Pass is coming on March 12 to Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC and will be available to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate users for free as part of the Perks program.

NEWS.XBOX.COM

Get ready to dive deeper into the world of Persona 3 Reload with the Persona 3 Reload: Expansion Pass, featuring new costumes, music tracks, and more