What mouse do you all use?

Nokra

I have an old Razer DeathAdder 3.5G which has been having a random double-click problem for a few months and it's slowly driving me crazy, so I'm thinking I'll replace it sooner rather than later, if I can't fix it after opening it up.

What mouse, gaming or otherwise, do you all use? I haven't done a ton of PC gaming lately, nor am I all that likely to do so in the near future (wrapping up school) but I do plan on getting back into PC gaming eventually, so I'm not opposed to a fancier programmable gaming mouse, if it's worth it. 

Thanks very much for any suggestions! :hug:

2 minutes ago, dualhunter said:

I  have the Logitech G502, the non-RGB one since it was cheaper and I just wanted blue anyway.

I haven't tried it so I don't know if it's any good for gaming but Logitech has a new vertical mouse. You're less likely to have wrist issues with it than with a normal mouse.

I have 502 as well. It's a great mouse.

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Spectrum-Shifting-Personalized-Programmable/dp/B019OB663A

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, dualhunter said:

I  have the Logitech G502, the non-RGB one since it was cheaper and I just wanted blue anyway.

I haven't tried it so I don't know if it's any good for gaming but Logitech has a new vertical mouse. You're less likely to have wrist issues with it than with a normal mouse.

Yeah I was really curious about one of those ergonomic mice, because as a CS person I do spend a lot of time on the computer. I may have to check that out, thanks. 

As far as gaming mice go, is there much worry these days about delay when using a wireless mouse, or have they pretty much eliminated the problems? I'm obviously not a competitive gamer so slight delays would be fine, but if it's all that noticeable, it might slowly drive me crazy, like this double-click issue. :p 

While I haven't used a vertical mouse, I find the different wrist position when holding a Wacom stylus very helpful so I am intrigued by vertical mice.

I recently saw something about a new Logitech wireless gaming mouse that is low lag, I think this is it:

https://news.logitech.com/press-release/gaming/new-logitech-g-pro-wireless-gaming-mouse-proven-winner

Also, trying to play Starcraft with the double click on my old G500 is why I got the G502.

• Thanks 1

Logitech G400 (aka G400s).  First one I bought developed the infamous cable short within 6 months.  Logitech gave me a new one free of charge which lasted up until a few weeks ago.  It, too, also developed a short in the cable and was causing my system to lock up and randomly crash.  I decided to not even bother with customer service and ordered a replacement cable and so far it's working like a dream.  On the plus side the replacement cable is much thicker and sturdier, so I'm hopeful it'll last a lifetime now.

I also like the Logitech Gaming software.  You can re-program any button, so in games that have a lot of binds I like the option to use the DPI up/down buttons as bindable keys, giving me up to 8 usable buttons on the mouse alone.

However I have thought about going with a Razer Deathadder type mouse just to see how I perform with the claw grip as opposed to the palm grip I'm currently using. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks all, I appreciate all of your suggestions! :hug:

I ended up deciding to give a vertical mouse a shot, since as a CS person I spend a lot of time on the computer, and I figured that anything I can do to reduce wear and tear on my wrists is a good idea. I got the Logitech MX Vertical, and so far I'm happy with it. It's a bit of an adjustment at first but overall it has been a fairly smooth transition. :dancing:

It seems like most of the mice you all suggested were gaming mice, and since I do plan on building a new gaming rig in the next year or so I very much appreciate your input. I'm sure I'll pick up one of those mice in the not-too-distant future. So thank you again! :hug: