Steam Winter Sale of buying keys elsewhere: Dec 22nd - Jan 5th

crispy4000

Just now, crispy4000 said:

Have $15 worth of wallet credit this time from trading cards.  I might not part with any of it this year, the deals have to be good.  Otherwise, I'll just save it for the Summer sale for some overpriced SquareEnix game.

Use $3 for Super Kiwi!

15 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

I was able to vote on the GOTY awards, go through my discover cue, and sell all the generated cards for half a buck in the first 15 minutes of the sale.

Valve's servers are holding.  It's a Christmas miracle.

Not all of them. Main page is fine but I can't access my wishlist or discovery queue. I can view but not vote for awards.

30 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

I was able to vote on the GOTY awards, go through my discover cue, and sell all the generated cards for half a buck in the first 15 minutes of the sale.

Valve's servers are holding.  It's a Christmas miracle.

I got almost all of them except one. I'll be able to craft pretty easily! :dancing:

20 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

People like me who go through my discovery queue and get the card I need to craft a badge? :confused:

The ones who buy cards to complete them.  I think every badge that gets generated also gives a chance of someone else getting a free booster, though that probably doesn't apply to the sale cards.

Just now, crispy4000 said:

Far as the sale goes, the only thing kind of tempting me right now is Crash 4.  It's $16.59 if you own the trilogy and Spyro collection, which many will after that insane humble bundle a while back.

Microsoft will own those franchises soon though, and might start giving them away like the Bethesda stuff. :p

Literally the same for me. Everything I wanted better prices on either isn’t on sale or is a weak sale. Except for Crash 4 which for $16.59 was an instabuy to get all 4 crash on my deck.

Decided to fire up the Immortals demo on my PC, in typical Ubisoft fashion the CPU burden is heavier than you’d think.  Was going to pick that up for $15 for the complete edition on Ubisoft’s store, but I think I can wait now.

Crash 4 should run better, I haven’t even made it through 2 or 3 yet so I won’t pick it up this sale.  I wish they put the CTR remake on Steam already.

I might not pick anything up.  It’s actually a pretty good sale this year IMO, just not on what I’d want.

On 12/22/2022 at 11:32 AM, stepee said:

Literally the same for me. Everything I wanted better prices on either isn’t on sale or is a weak sale. Except for Crash 4 which for $16.59 was an instabuy to get all 4 crash on my deck.

Just wanna say super happy with this port! It scales kinda weirdly so it’s best to either put everything on low for 60fps or lock it to 50fps and just about max it out, I chose the later, but either way looks and runs great. No stutter on windows either and 120fps out of the gate unlike the trilogy. Really solid.

Looks so good on deck and a joy playing it this way, how I originally wanted to play the game. The game is really good and I think the most fun Crash as long as you play it to just beat the levels. Don’t try to collect everything or the game breaks.