Steam Winter Sale of buying keys elsewhere: Dec 22nd - Jan 5th

crispy4000

On 12/22/2022 at 11:43 AM, crispy4000 said:

A few other indies and and smaller games with historical lows across any storefront:

Huntdown - $4

Kaze and the Wild Masks - $5

Spore - $2 (for shits and giggles)

Black Mesa - $5

Thumper - $4

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales - $6

Lost in Random - $6

I picked up Huntdown after checking it from this list and I like it, very nice art. And i appreciate when more old school throwback games like this add in an easy mode for me.

4 hours ago, stepee said:

I picked up Huntdown after checking it from this list and I like it, very nice art. And i appreciate when more old school throwback games like this add in an easy mode for me.

Ok yeah this is really good. Im pleasantly surprised here, guess I didn’t realize it was an 85 on open critic game and I was also thinking of it like a $4 game like one of those cheap Switch ones or something that’s over in 30 minutes like Steel Assault. But this isn’t that at all, with 20 stages each with an end boss it’s probably about the size of four regular run n shoots like this. But it’s excellently designed so far, and designed for you to actually play though it. There are fair checkpoints and unlimited lives here, at least on easy mode. But since there’s quite a bit of content for this type of game it’s not over too quickly.

Still pretty hard for me on easy though, so I just hope the difficulty has kinda hit its peak and it doesn’t difficulty me out of having fun with it later on. Half way in though this is a really solid pick up for $4 even if it ended here.

If you are a run n shoot fan, things like contra, metal slug, mega man, rolling thunder, and like really high quality 16-32bitish looking aesthetic definitely grab it imo.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Halal 1

• crispy4000 changed the title to Steam Winter Sale of buying keys elsewhere: Dec 22nd - Jan 5th