spacer.png Arizona at spacer.png Denver 1:05 PM FOX
spacer.png New England at spacer.png Las Vegas 1:05 PM FOX
spacer.png Tennessee at spacer.png LA Chargers 1:05 PM CBS
spacer.png Cincinnati at spacer.png Tampa Bay 1:05 PM CBS
spacer.png NY Giants atspacer.png Washington 5:20 PM NBC
Monday, December 19
Matchup        Time (PT) TV
spacer.png LA Rams at spacer.png Green Bay      5:15 PM ESPN

I had to do a double take on the schedule a couple weeks ago. The genius schedule maker had The Giants and Commanders play each other in week 13 and get the pleasure of having a rematch just 2 weeks later. We all get to enjoy that game as it's on NBC. Hooray! 🎉

In the NFL in 2022 we have arrived at the point, and this is not meant to be derogatory, that one of the two best games on Sunday is Lions and Jets.  

Giants / Commanders is the other.

Good, good stuff.

EDIT: with the Lions O against the Jets D, and then splattering of goodness on both sides in other facets, well...to paraphrase Apollo Creed, "It's like a damn MONSTER movie!"

3 hours ago, BuckFly said:

In the NFL in 2022 we have arrived at the point, and this is not meant to be derogatory, that one of the two best games on Sunday is Lions and Jets.  

Giants / Commanders is the other.

Good, good stuff.

EDIT: with the Lions O against the Jets D, and then splattering of goodness on both sides in other facets, well...to paraphrase Apollo Creed, "It's like a damn MONSTER movie!"

Lions vs JETS yes

Giants vs Commanders fuck no

• True 1

9 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

Yeah, but it "means" something in the bigger playoff picture for both. The thing is, too, it still is likely the other or next best game on Sunday.

I'd probably give the nod to Tennessee at Chargers on that one. At least in terms of excitement it should be the top of the most interesting games list.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'd probably give the nod to Tennessee at Chargers on that one. At least in terms of excitement it should be the top of the most interesting games list.

The Titans are fake cows***, if fake cow*** still smelled bad and messed up a room.  Additionally, considering that even 1 more win probably wins the South for Tennessee, and if they win all their remaining games it really doesn't change their 4th place position, all  falls under the category of "not the biggest deal in the world" for them.

A loss by either team in the Giants / Commanders game starts to put them in a precarious position.  

37 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

Biggie it's what some teams in the NFL are focused on and vying for at this time of year.  

:whistlin:

6 minutes ago, Biggie said:

which says the NFL is a mediocre mess

Which it may always be, and may always have been, even in 1998 and 2016.  It is all perspective.  However, that doesn't change the fact of what these games mean and it also doesn't make them bad ( or even mediocre) games just because there are scars or chinks in the armor.  

All of it raised, generally, by the tide of consequences associated with the games at hand.

On 12/14/2022 at 9:33 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

The genius schedule maker had The Giants and Commanders play each other in week 13 and get the pleasure of having a rematch just 2 weeks later.

Not only that, but we had our Bye week in between, so for us we're playing the same team twice in a row! :silly:

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

That was a backbreaking fumble before the half. @thewhyteboar can probably stop watching this before the half. :p  (I guess depending on if the 49ers score in the first possession of the 2nd half)

Finally had a game starting when I had time to watch the whole thing, and it's this abomination haha.

• Hugs 1

7 hours ago, best3444 said:

History was just made. I watched the whole thing.

:feelsgood:

I was at the last one.  Records were made to fall.

Unrelated, Josh Allen I believe is now 1 TD behind Dan Marino for most TDs in the first five years of his career.  171 to 170. Josh has played two more games at this point I think.

edit: correction, he has passed him.  Josh also has two regular season receiving tds.

37 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

He's also, to this point, played 4 more games than Dan Marino.

Yeah, I thought Marino had played 72. Josh I think is at 74, and tonight was his 50th win (50-24).

edit: additional correction, they are tied at 171.  Surprising that pro football reference was off on that.  I thought Josh had one receiving td, but they said 2.  An article just now has them tied, and I believe the two receiving tds is off.