10 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

DF is losing it 

Edit: why are YT embeds so tiny? 

1. Because you're on desktop 

2. Because Invision fucked up the coding 

The CSS is correct, but something else is interfering. If you can find a way to fix it, I'm all ears. 

18 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

1. Because you're on desktop 

2. Because Invision fucked up the coding 

The CSS is correct, but something else is interfering. If you can find a way to fix it, I'm all ears. 

They are tiny on mobile  but regular to oversized on desktop.

1 hour ago, Amazatron said:

There's just something about this game that hits all the right notes for me (and yes, the music is incredible).

Me too. It’s nirvana playing this game. I’m surprised how much enjoyment it brings me. 

28 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Does anyone know if you can replay a prologue/memory if you skip it? I was running out of time in the demo and skipped one to save, now all I seem to be able to do is watch the cutscenes.

Try going into the towns bar/tavern and ask the bartender. I think there is a option to hear a story? Or something like that. 

20 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Try going into the towns bar/tavern and ask the bartender. I think there is a option to hear a story? Or something like that. 

Gah! Thanks, I just tried that, and it looked like it'd work, but then it said that story was "in progress," as in I'm currently working on it as I just got this character. I'm still really early on but I don't want to have to restart just to play through this character's prologue. Surely there's a way to access it?

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Why don’t you? It will only be an hour or two and you can choose that character to begin with.

Because I hate repeating content. I am not the kinda guy that replays most games. It drives me crazy. Probably has to do with it just reminding me of all those years of dying at the end of dungeons in early JRPGs and the despair you feel when you have to replay the entire dungeon. That just carried over to all other games for me when repeating content.

I’m starting chapter 2 character stories and just roaming the entire map. This game is huge with so much to do! Lots to explore but gotta pay attention to those danger levels in each area. Wonder into a danger level 45 area and got rekted in about 20 seconds. :lol:

10 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’m starting chapter 2 character stories and just roaming the entire map. This game is huge with so much to do! Lots to explore but gotta pay attention to those danger levels in each area. Wonder into a danger level 45 area and got rekted in about 20 seconds. :lol:

I did something like that at the beginning of the game. Don't remember the danger level but I went to the east instead of south and went into some cave and got wiped in one hit. ?

So I figured I'd go the other way and found out what a danger level was. :p

So I completely forgot Alfyn is a person in this game. My main cast of characters are all around level 40 with the less often used down in their mid-20s. Alfyn is down at 8. I guess I'm up for some grinding to get him up to speed before jumping into his second chapter.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

So I completely forgot Alfyn is a person in this game. My main cast of characters are all around level 40 with the less often used down in their mid-20s. Alfyn is down at 8. I guess I'm up for some grinding to get him up to speed before jumping into his second chapter.

I’m trying to level all 8 characters as I go by switching them out. I have my first 4 at level 20 and the next group near 20. But it’s taking forever and I see you’re already at level 40. Wow I’m 25 hours in and looks like I could be playing this 100 plus hours. lol. Maybe I shouldn’t try to be so efficient. 

51 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’m trying to level all 8 characters as I go by switching them out. I have my first 4 at level 20 and the next group near 20. But it’s taking forever and I see you’re already at level 40. Wow I’m 25 hours in and looks like I could be playing this 100 plus hours. lol. Maybe I shouldn’t try to be so efficient. 

I find leveling up weaker characters is easier when you have a few really strong characters. I just head over to some level 45 or 50 zone and put Ophelia on keep alive duty. Also, since the game doesn't artificially prevent you from going nearly anywhere, I was wandering around those level 45 zones when I was still in my low 20s. That's it much where I spent all my items. Screw saving those for bosses. Also, stealing high level weapons and armor made that but easier with every town.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Thought I could take on a danger level 15 area with my character level 14. Got my ass kicked still. :|

Don't be afraid to use up all your items exploring areas that are a higher level than you are. I was sneaking through 45 areas when I was still around level 25. It just involved a lot of magic items and running away. Totally worth it for the high level gear I could steal from whatever towns I found in those areas.

9 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Don't be afraid to use up all your items exploring areas that are a higher level than you are. I was sneaking through 45 areas when I was still around level 25. It just involved a lot of magic items and running away. Totally worth it for the high level gear I could steal from whatever towns I found in those areas.

Good tip. 

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

I can't sneak.

I tried to run away from a pack of boars 3 times and it failed every time.

21 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I can't sneak.

I tried to run away from a pack of boars 3 times and it failed every time.

Cyrus and Ophelia will help. Cyrus's first passive skill will lower the encounter rate. Ophelia's third passive skill will make it easier to run away.

Also, steal...Steal everything. Those consumable magic items are completely independent of your characters elemental attack power. A medium level item will one hit kill many enemies under level 20. Do that once or twice and you'll find yourself leveling up pretty quick.

4 hours ago, Biggie said:

First thing I did was visit every characters town and recruit them. Then rotate them in and out. 

This. That's pretty much all I did. I made a beeline for each character to recruit.

Also, Ophelia and Cyrus are two of the most useful characters to have. My Cyrus is a crazed killer and Ophelia is a healing tank.

2 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

This. That's pretty much all I did. I made a beeline for each character to recruit.

Also, Ophelia and Cyrus are two of the most useful characters to have. My Cyrus is a crazed killer and Ophelia is a healing tank.

Seriously, I'm rocking these two as well. It almost doesn't matter who the other two are in the party at this point. 

I pretty much roll around with H'aanit, Primrose, Ophelia, and Cyrus for general battles.  Of course, swapping in Therion for robbing the shit out of the townspeople.

Plan on finishing all the character arcs though, haven't felt any let up in how awesome this game is yet.

8 hours ago, Biggie said:

First thing I did was visit every characters town and recruit them. Then rotate them in and out. 

4 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Well I'm not playing the game like that. :talkhand:

3 hours ago, Amazatron said:

I pretty much roll around with H'aanit, Primrose, Ophelia, and Cyrus for general battles.  Of course, swapping in Therion for robbing the shit out of the townspeople.

Plan on finishing all the character arcs though, haven't felt any let up in how awesome this game is yet.

Right now I have Therion as a high attack, high HP fighter; Ophelia as a high defense, healing tank; and Cyrus as the destroyer of worlds. I use the fourth spot for whatever story character I need, but I usually travel around with Tressa just to buy stuff I can't steal.