I enjoyed the first demo.  I played the hunter on the second demo and the Olde English was really off-putting, but it's not enough to keep me from getting the game.

My plan is to buy it from Best Buy and use my Gamer's Club discount while I can.

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Shining Came out yesterday (on steam at least) so you could start that one right now. :p

I have it on Switch. I'm just not sure that I should start it. I think I'll just wait until I finish Octopath. I dont want to put a few days into a game, and not remember what i was doing when i return to it.

Sounds like there isn't an overarching story or meaning for these eight characters to help each other, and the whole game is about 35-40 hours. It sounds really solid gameplay wise, but I really expected the eight individual stories to merge into one important narrative. Individual character stories are fine and all, but the Avengers have to assemble at some point for the really cool shit to go down, so I'm a bit disappointed. Think I gotta pass at $80 Canadian. I'll pick it up one day down the road. 

I haven't delved into the combat much myself, but I'm expecting a situation here where it's like Bravely default except I don't like the visuals... so worse than Bravely Default for me personally. So tired of Square Enix RPGs with shallow, pointless stories. And since I'm extremely put off by the weird art style rather than amazed by it, it doesn't even have that going for me. Is it really so hard for them to hire a few writers to come up with some really killer stories? It seems like every single RPG they've put out in the last decade and a half has had middling nonsense stories no one cares about, and as RPGs that's a huge bummer.

I enjoyed the demo well enough, but nowhere near enough to justify the price tag. I'll let Gamefly decide when I play it! The prologue demo was at least more interesting to me than the first one, which put me to sleep before the first battle.

On 6/26/2018 at 11:14 AM, Bacon said:

I am more fine with it if it makes sense. Like the Chocobo one is OK I suppose. But it is especially the ones that are just straight up shit, like seahorses, that grind my balls into the dirt. But I don't like ones that are like "Hold on to your race specific body part, boyz!1!!!!1!!!!" The only time it is really fine is if it is done for comedy. Like if the TMNT said "Hold on to your pizza" then that is OK but saying "hold on to your shell" would be dumb.

Over all tho, I rather it not happen at all. The game just feels over localized at that point and I don't like it. Just say shit in normal English.

BTW, @Xbob42 This is the old English I don't like. This is the biggest example of it. Like, FFS. Start at like 20 seconds if you don't want to wait.

I like the song at 20 seconds.

59 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Gonna pick up my “Wayfairer’s Edition” box from GameStop later today. Pretty hyped for it. 

Also picking up the new Splatoon 2 amiibo and Captain Toad for 3DS. Gonna be a busy weekend!

17 minutes ago, Slug said:

Picking up my copy during my lunch break today.  Playing all night as soon as the kiddies go to sleep.

Game is so good. I started out as Alfyn the medicine/doctor. I think the graphics look great even playing on a 50 inch Sony. The music is excellent @Mr.Vic20  It really sets the mood of whatever you’re doing. Played for an hour or so but unfortunately I had to get some sleep.  Lol. Let me know what you think of the game. 

4 hours ago, Biggie said:

Game is so good. I started out as Alfyn the medicine/doctor. I think the graphics look great even playing on a 50 inch Sony. The music is excellent @Mr.Vic20  It really sets the mood of whatever you’re doing. Played for an hour or so but unfortunately I had to get some sleep.  Lol. Let me know what you think of the game. 

Yup! This game scratches an itch I haven't felt in some time! :sun: 

• Like 1

Played for an hour or so. I was the hunter chick. Interesting skill that allows her to fight anyone :p 

Biggest gripe so far is I wish the switch had a bigger screen and I find the writing a bit too much. Reading the olde English or whatever dialect they are trying to convey is more annoying than charming.

14 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Played for an hour or so. I was the hunter chick. Interesting skill that allows her to fight anyone :p 

Biggest gripe so far is I wish the switch had a bigger screen and I find the writing a bit too much. Reading the olde English or whatever dialect they are trying to convey is more annoying than charming.

I think the entire game is charming!  Lol. 

I enjoyed the demo well enough, but my history with this type of game leads me to believe that there is a 5% chance I actually get to the end of it, 95% chance I’ll get bored of it after a few hours and never touch it again. So I’ll wait until I can grab it at a deep discount. 

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

As far as I know, only the Hunter characters talk in that accent. Everyone else is normal.

Yeah just added the hunter H’aanit to my party. I don’t mind the old English talking. Lol. I think it’s cute. But I’m a sap for this type of game. :blush:  I’m really enjoying the game so far. Battles are paced so that you don’t feel like every two steps you’re running into a random battle. Really like exploring and finding how to get the chests in certain paths. Good stuff. The old school RPG vibe is right in my wheel house. 

30 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm reading this thread and I gotta wonder how many of you guy are actually going to finish the game. 

I’m going to take 4 characters to the end but that’s it. No way I’m going to complete all 8 stories.