Dead Island 2 (The Most Miraculously Technically Competent Game of 2023) - Information Thread, update: Steam release set for April 22, released on Xbox (not PC) Game Pass today

Commissar SFLUFAN

The last two main missions I played were pretty challenging. The next mission is rated for lvl 18 and I am only 16. Two levels in this game is pretty significant so I will have to do some side quests. I was trying to stick to the main missions so I can move onto some other games like RE4 and Jedi Survivor. 

1 hour ago, Brian said:

The last two main missions I played were pretty challenging. The next mission is rated for lvl 18 and I am only 16. Two levels in this game is pretty significant so I will have to do some side quests. I was trying to stick to the main missions so I can move onto some other games like RE4 and Jedi Survivor. 

I just checked what level I was and I’m almost level 28. I spent a lot of time just mindlessly walking around killing stuff so I think I might have grinded my way to an easier experience.

8 hours ago, stepee said:

I just checked what level I was and I’m almost level 28. I spent a lot of time just mindlessly walking around killing stuff so I think I might have grinded my way to an easier experience.

I feel like you get little XP from killing so I have been focusing on the missions. Any side missions that pop up during the mainline I have been doing, but I feel like I need to make a concerted effort to go back and complete some of them. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Tried to beat this this evening but couldn't. 18/24 main missions. Zelda will take over for a while so I'm probably not going back to this for a week or so. 

Damn you are close already though, you must be going quick! What level are you?

11 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I think 18.

Ok yeah it’s probably a bit harder for you than me! I went back yesterday checking my level and ended up playing another two hours and completing two more side missions. I’ll definitely pretty much 100% this one over time and then maybe try a different character at some point.

I am pretty close I think. 

Spoiler

Found out Rueben is a pos and I’m gonna fuck his ass up and steal his helicopter. 

I started to use guns. I didn’t want to but the game drops so many of them that I decided I might as well use them. They feel pretty OP.

I also noticed that in Ocean Avenue, zombies loading in right in front of me as I run around. I didn’t notice this is in any other area. It’s minor blemish on an otherwise fantastic game. 

• Halal 1

55 minutes ago, Brian said:

I am pretty close I think. 

Reveal hidden contents

I started to use guns. I didn’t want to but the game drops so many of them that I decided I might as well use them. They feel pretty OP.

I also noticed that in Ocean Avenue, zombies loading in right in front of me as I run around. I didn’t notice this is in any other area. It’s minor blemish on an otherwise fantastic game. 

Im fine with using guns because you don’t get to hold much ammo so you might as well so you have a reason to loot ammo. They definitely help in some situations. Especially the shotgun. I still primarily used hand to hand but I would mix it up. 

And good summary of your current story part lol

20 hours ago, stepee said:

Im fine with using guns because you don’t get to hold much ammo so you might as well so you have a reason to loot ammo. They definitely help in some situations. Especially the shotgun. I still primarily used hand to hand but I would mix it up. 

And good summary of your current story part lol

Near the latter half, I used the guns to kill most bosses which kind of felt like a cheap way but shit gets wild in some of those fights that melee feels almost impossible to do. 

I beat it tonight. It’s pretty crazy to think of the development hell this game went through and it turned out this good. No way would I thought this would be a better zombie game than Dying Light 2 but I enjoyed it way more. 

Spoiler

Props to the devs to have confidence in their game to end in a cliffhanger of sorts. They clearly thought they will be able to continue this story and based on the sales, they will be able to.

Personally, I’m ok if they don’t continue it. The Tisha reveal and the other Numens, I don’t care.  I thought it wrapped up fine.  You rescued a few which is all you could ask for considering the circumstances.  

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

• 3 months later...

Just finished thsi and I got way more caught up with the story and characters than i thought I would. The last couple of missions dragged a little for my tastes but the game was great overall. I was really surprised by how well written and entertaining the writing was. I played as J, the Black British dude (Played as Sam B in the first game who features prominently in this one) but I'm curious to replay the game as one of the other characters just to hear their reactions to the game events. As it is I beelined through game and didn't do too many side quests so it's cool that I can dive back into this and play those and continue to build my character. As I've said before, these guys have really nailed first person melee combat between this and Dying Light... I don't think anyone does it better... and the F.L.E.S.H. System should be mandatory going forward for zombie games. This game gets 80's horror movie disgusting with some of the gore. Really enjoyed this and looking forward to seeing where the story goes. They did such a great job with the chracters and acting in this game considering the genre.  As of now, it ranks behind Jedi and Remnant 2 for me for games this year but not by much. I WILL place it slight ahead of Diablo IV which I also enjoyed. Cleared this just in time to focus on Armored Core and Starfield.  8/10.

• Hype 1

• 2 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dead Island 2 (The Most Miraculously Technically Competent Game of 2023) - Information Thread, update: "Haus" DLC Launch Trailer
  • 3 months later...

Steam release set for April 22:

STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

A deadly virus is spreading across Los Angeles, turning its inhabitants into zombies. Bitten, infected, but more than just immune, uncover the truth behind the outbreak and discover who - or what - you are. Survive, evolve and become the ultimate Zombie Slayer.

Shadow-dropped on Xbox (but not PC probably due to EGS exclusivity) Game Pass today:

WWW.XBOX.COM

The much-loved zombie saga is back! Dead Island 2 is a thrilling First-Person Action RPG with a unique formula of horror, dark humor and over the top zombie-slaying. A deadly virus is spreading across Los Angeles, turning its inhabitants into zombies. Bitten, infected, but more than just immune, as you uncover the truth behind the outbreak, you'll discover who - or what - you are. Survive, evolve and become the ultimate Zombie Slayer.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dead Island 2 (The Most Miraculously Technically Competent Game of 2023) - Information Thread, update: Steam release set for April 22, released on Xbox (not PC) Game Pass today