Dead Island 2 (The Most Miraculously Technically Competent Game of 2023) - Information Thread, update: Steam release set for April 22, released on Xbox (not PC) Game Pass today

Commissar SFLUFAN

2 minutes ago, ShreddieMercury said:

I tried this for an hour last night via game pass and it's... barely a game?  Maybe it gets more interesting.  I was surprised by how janky the combat and physics feel given the lack of anything else happening.

I thought it had some of the very best fp combat in a game. The hit detection is second to none. 

26 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I thought it had some of the very best fp combat in a game. The hit detection is second to none. 

It felt to me like most hits were on the shoulder or upper body, regardless of where I positioned myself or swung the weapons from.  Maybe I was playing it wrong.

3 minutes ago, ShreddieMercury said:

It felt to me like most hits were on the shoulder or upper body, regardless of where I positioned myself or swung the weapons from.  Maybe I was playing it wrong.

I don't think you can play it wrong. It may just not be for you. It's nice it's on gamepass!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ShreddieMercury said:

You can definitely target different parts of the body. The damage system they use is location specific... it'a like this in all their games. Like if you target the arm, the arm will break and the zombie won't be able to use it, or you can slice it right off. Weapons even have a limb damage stat

GAMERANT.COM

Get all the details about the hard-hitting melee weapons that will save the day in Dead Island 2.

The game doesn't really hold your hand but there's actually a LOT of game here. Hopefully it clicks for you eventually but if it doesn't you should probably move on.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, ShreddieMercury said:

I tried this for an hour last night via game pass and it's... barely a game?

How is it barely a game? Have you played the first game? It’s one of my favorite zombie games. I’m really looking forward to playing this when I get a PS5.

5 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

How is it barely a game? Have you played the first game? It’s one of my favorite zombie games. I’m really looking forward to playing this when I get a PS5.

You planning on getting the Pro this Fall?