How do I keep up with politics?

I want to follow politics, but I didn't pay attention to politics until 2016, and even then, I only read r/politics comments sections. I'm worried I'm too far behind to follow politics, and I might not be smart enough to understand them. There are so many news sources that I wouldn't even know where to start.

Any advice?

I'd recommend reading through the articles that get posted here. I know people like to snark on everyone else here, but the people who post here are pretty damn good at keeping up on international news without spinning it to be indecipherable. It used to be a lot harder to filter through the information back when it was a part of IGN, but since those days, it's much easier to follow the news on here. After a while, you get good at recognizing when people are pulling your chain so that much of the information you receive from here is pretty good at keeping up on topics.

This is coming from someone with a doctorate in political science who deals with people every day who are clueless (in the university system) about politics but think they are experts because they read a book once or watched a documentary.

• Like 1
  • Halal 3

31 minutes ago, brucoe said:

I'd recommend reading through the articles that get posted here. I know people like to snark on everyone else here, but the people who post here are pretty damn good at keeping up on international news without spinning it to be indecipherable. It used to be a lot harder to filter through the information back when it was a part of IGN, but since those days, it's much easier to follow the news on here. After a while, you get good at recognizing when people are pulling your chain so that much of the information you receive from here is pretty good at keeping up on topics.

This is coming from someone with a doctorate in political science who deals with people every day who are clueless (in the university system) about politics but think they are experts because they read a book once or watched a documentary.

If everyone got their news/discussion from the CEB then the world would be a better place. I credit this place for being a formative part of my adult beliefs and outlook on the world.

• Like 2