Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update (04/19): planned fixes for next update detailed

10 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Doesn't seem like there is one, even if you die.

Ok. Well I'm loving it so far. Especially the controls of the character and combat. The pawns are intelligent too. I have to beat FF16 right now then I'm jumping right back to this. 

So far all I can say is that it's a next gen Dragon's Dogma.  :p

They improved the object throwing as well. Now it actually shows you the arc of the throw and where it will land. Especially fun for throwing enemies off cliffs. It's a fun thing to teach your pawn and then they say, "oh never thought of doing that before"

lol I can’t believe Capcom really did make a big deal about it being dlss3 then shipped without frame gen working yet.

I guess I’ll wait for a mod…

..ok the mod is out. Puredark stays earning my $5/mo!

1 minute ago, stepee said:

lol I can’t believe Capcom really did make a big deal about it being dlss3 then shipped without frame gen working yet.

I guess I’ll wait for a mod…

This one is even free! :daydream:

• Shocked 1

Im doing what I planned and making myself mage/support. Not sure I like the mechanic where max HP is lost whenever a hit is taken. 

had my first crash in the morgue of Vernworth. Speaking of which, did anyone revive the pawn that escaped with you at the beginning? I wonder if too many nights passed and I missed my chance. 

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

does this mean you have dual DRM running in the game now? lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

This one is even free! :daydream:

Oh that’s cool! He did that for Starfield too. Glad he does that for ones that REALLY need it I guess. Still like supporting him, he’s saved a bunch of games for me.

1 minute ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Im doing what I planned and making myself mage/support. Not sure I like the mechanic where max HP is lost whenever a hit is taken. 

had my first crash in the morgue of Vernworth. Speaking of which, did anyone revive the pawn that escaped with you at the beginning? I wonder if too many nights passed and I missed my chance. 

does this mean you have dual DRM running in the game now? lol

I got it on Steam so wouldn’t that be triple drm?

10 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@stepee Are you playing this now? Also, did you play part 1?

Na I’m in DC and flying back tonight. I’ll probably start it tomorrow tho, I have it preordered.

I did try the first one when it launched on switch but couldn’t really get into it for similar reasons to @Xbob42’s rant on it earlier in this thread.

Im optimistic that this one will click with me more though and I at least want to see the new current version of RE Engine go vroom vroom and punish my cpu.

• Hype 1

Just now, stepee said:

Na I’m in DC and flying back tonight. I’ll probably start it tomorrow tho, I have it preordered.

I did try the first one when it launched on switch but couldn’t really get into it for similar reasons to @Xbob42’s rant on it earlier in this thread.

Im optimistic that this one will click with me more though and I at least want to see the new current version of RE Engine go vroom vroom and punish my cpu.

Nice. I forgot you're on vacation. You'll enjoy this. Plus yea, it will look stunning for you. 

• Like 1

Really not liking the overworld. It feels sooooooo small. So condensed. You run into one small group of enemies and suddenly 3 other small groups of enemies appear, and then some massive monster with 4 health bars all while youre trapped in a canyon. 

the pawns are also dumb as crap. The run away and climb on things for no reason and take forever to drop down to engage in a fight below them. If the terrain is not flat they are worthless. 

3 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Really not liking the overworld. It feels sooooooo small. So condensed. You run into one small group of enemies and suddenly 3 other small groups of enemies appear, and then some massive monster with 4 health bars all while youre trapped in a canyon. 

If you were trying to make the game sound flawed you failed pretty hard there. 

4 minutes ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

I think I have most of you on PC, Im AlwaysDyingX on there. I look forward to hiring your pawns!  Im trying to muster up the energy to turn the game on but putting down my dog yesterday has really got me fucked up.  

Fuck man. Sorry to hear!

• Hugs 1

23 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

If you were trying to make the game sound flawed you failed pretty hard there. 

For almost any other game it wouldn’t, but your party can get overwhelmed by just 3 enemies, because the pawns path stupidly or whatever and just let themselves get beat in the face sometimes. 

probably my fault for picking a mage as my starter vocation. 

10 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

For almost any other game it wouldn’t, but your party can get overwhelmed by just 3 enemies, because the pawns path stupidly or whatever and just let themselves get beat in the face sometimes. 

I know I’m just messing with you. You’re like the game is bad all this cool shit keeps happening all the time :p

(I know you don’t think the game is bad)

31 minutes ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

I think I have most of you on PC, Im AlwaysDyingX on there. I look forward to hiring your pawns!  Im trying to muster up the energy to turn the game on but putting down my dog yesterday has really got me fucked up.  

damn i’m sorry to hear :( 

4 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

I can understand the frustration with those microtransactions but I don’t necessarily trust most people making a stink about them online. Maybe I’ll feel differently later on, but I trust the designers of the game when they say we purposely left fast travel extremely limited and stuff like that. I don’t think it’s their decision to then offer this BS to purchase, and again until I run in to a situation where I feel actually swindled I am going to assume most of that is manufactured anger looking to get attention. 

The reviews we’ve read played the entire game without knowledge of this stuff and they loved the game as is. 

The first game had limited fast travel as well and while some people didn't like this aspect it didn't ruin the game at all. The game director really doesn't like it and has said so repeatedly so this is his compromise I guess. As with most of the stink about microtraactions in games, the stink that online trolls raise is largely overblown. However, the way Capcom snuck this into the game after reviews were up without even a mention that they were going to do this is pretty damn shady unless I missed something. Not the best look and I suspect this is something corporate forced on the game and not anything the designers intended. Anywhoo... doesn't affect me so, back to the game.

13 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The first game had limited fast travel as well and while some people didn't like this aspect it didn't ruin the game at all. The game director really doesn't like it and has said so repeatedly so this is his compromise I guess. As with most of the stink about microtraactions in games, the stink that online trolls raise is largely overblown. However, the way Capcom snuck this into the game after reviews were up without even a mention that they were going to do this is pretty damn shady unless I missed something. Not the best look and I suspect this is something corporate forced on the game and not anything the designers intended. Anywhoo... doesn't affect me so, back to the game.

Oh don't get me wrong, I am not trying to defend Capcom. I just think the people who are claiming this is "pay 2 win" or whatever are missing the point of the game. Like if Nintendo sold .99 cent skips from Mario 1-1 to Mario 8-4 and people wanna buy them, OK go for it, but maybe reevaluate what you actually enjoy about playing video games at that point. 

Like I said, it's not a new thing for Capcom. They did it for DMC5. You can buy red or blue orbs and everything in between. It's just stuff you could get from playing the game normally. You don't have to pay for it at all, it doesn't hurt anyone by being there. And if some guy wants to pay money to get a wakestone instead of finding it in the world then more power to them.

22 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The first game had limited fast travel as well and while some people didn't like this aspect it didn't ruin the game at all. The game director really doesn't like it and has said so repeatedly so this is his compromise I guess

It actually seems like this is more generous this time. The tutorial said there are more places to teleport to with ferrystones. Also now they have ox carts which are like a not as fast fast travel but serves the same purpose.

53 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I know I’m just messing with you. You’re like the game is bad all this cool shit keeps happening all the time :p

(I know you don’t think the game is bad)

no. Just surprising this so near the main city so early in the game. I’d expect this more further out when you’ve gotten stronger, better gear, and more capable pawns. Like this wiped out not only my party, but a random ox cart and it’s entourage of protectors too. 

it is the kind of thing that throws suspension of disbelief out of the way all of a sudden too, as that is just untenable for a civilization to survive at all if the world is this savage and inhospitable in its density of perils.  Especially when the story so far isn’t “man, there are more creatures than ever by a significant magnitude, please help”.  

1 minute ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

no. Just surprising this so near the main city so early in the game. I’d expect this more further out when you’ve gotten stronger, better gear, and more capable pawns. Like this wiped out not only my party, but a random ox cart and it’s entourage of protectors too. 

it is the kind of thing that throws suspension of disbelief out of the way all of a sudden too, as that is just untenable for a civilization to survive at all if the world is this savage and inhospitable in its density of perils.  Especially when the story so far isn’t “man, there are more creatures than ever by a significant magnitude, please help”.  

What killed you? I got to the main city as well. Game is tough and in the first game you were encouraged to run if you were outmatched. 

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

What killed you? I got to the main city as well. Game is tough and in the first game you were encouraged to run if you were outmatched. 

This happened to me as well. That pic I posted with the cyclops. He beat me a couple of times. Seems like if you reload then your health goes down. And I tried but anything would one shot me, then suddenly in the middle of the cyclops fight wolves appear and would kill me in one shot.

So I just booked it for the nearest campsite, which was nearby, rested and came back and killed the cyclops no problem.

Anyway, what Spawn is describing is just Dragon's Dogma. :p

• Thanks 1
  • True 1