Disney Dreamlight Valley - Disney Multiverse Animal Crossing

stepee

DDV_002.jpg
WWW.POLYGON.COM

Garden, cook, and dress up with a Disney and Pixar cast

• We’re particularly proud of the game’s expansive, engrossing, story-driven campaign. The Disney and Pixar characters you meet have their own unique individualized story arcs and friendship goals, both of which you can fulfill through exploration, gift-giving, and other fun activities where you’ll get to know your friends in new ways.

• Your days will be filled with everything from whipping up delectable Disney-themed desserts in your village restaurant alongside Remy from Disney and Pixar’s Ratatouille, using your latest catch from your time at the fishing hole with Goofy, as well as vegetables you planted and harvested from Wall-E’s garden patch.

• As you help your new friends, you will gradually begin to remove the night thorns around Dreamlight Valley with the power of your inner magic resulting in new areas with new characters opening up for you to explore.

• Best of all, we’ll be regularly updating the game with more content, including activities that coincide with new Disney and Pixar movies and events.

Free to play as you probably expected. Not mobile though, PC, switch, ps4, ps5, xbox one, xbox series.

• 4 months later...
12 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Good impressions.

And to be fair to the game, Brandon mentions telling Scrooge that swimming in money is impossible. It's DuckTales canon that Scrooge is the ONLY character that can swim in money. Others have tried and failed.

We need a Dark version of Brandon :lol:

12 minutes ago, stepee said:

oh I bet it’s early access so you have to pay for some pack to get access now, and that’s what you get from gamepass or you can play it f2p when it comes out

Disney Dreamlight Valley is an upcoming free-to-play, life-simulation adventure game that puts YOU at the center of a journey to restore a once-idyllic village now desolate and full of night thorns after a mysterious event called The Forgetting.

Starting in summer 2022, you’ll have the chance to be one of the first to play Disney Dreamlight Valley in Early Access with the purchase of a Founder’s Pack or with an Xbox Game Pass membership ahead of the game’s official launch in 2023. During the early access phase, you’ll be one of the first players to explore Dreamlight Valley, and will get exclusive rewards that you’ll retain once the game officially launches next year. 

So according to the website it is free to play and you do purchase the early access.

But then beyond the 30 dollar one there is a $50 Ultimate and $70 deluxe version which is why I as kinda confused.

I'm still kind of in shock this got made in the first place but I guess things vastly improved between Disney & Gameloft after the company heads (gameloft) got the ***k out and Magical Kingdom kept doing so well for so many years. Just some fun insider baseball for you all.

Matt Leblanc Whatever GIF

I just created my character. Which is a really boring process for me because I look really generic so all I do is pick the generic white male template there always is and remove the hair.

It looks like I didn’t get any gems with the gamepass version? I didn’t get anywhere yet though, maybe that’s later. 

The game looks nicer than I expected honestly. I hope you can play this decently without opening your wallet. 

7 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

They keep saying how their kingdom fell into ruin when their previous ruler left... I can't help but wonder if they're referring to Bob Iger :lol:

I was wondering if the forgotten thing in general is talking about old school Disney (mickey, donald, movies up to the mid 90s or so) being less popular now than all the Marvel and Star Wars stuff for Disney? Either way, good theory on the ruler!

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I was wondering if the forgotten thing in general is talking about old school Disney (mickey, donald, movies up to the mid 90s or so) being less popular now than all the Marvel and Star Wars stuff for Disney? Either way, good theory on the ruler!

As somebody who worked at Walt Disney World in the early 2000's and has visited friends there almost yearly since then, I am definitely drawing some parallels with "The Forgetting" especially since this year is WDW's 50th anniversary and their big fireworks projection show was all Brave, Coco, Soul, Frozen, etc. 

Not bad movies, but hardly what you should be basing a 50th anniversary show on. My wife and I were like "WTF was that? What about all the characters that got them there?"

• True 1

I finally dove in last night and got all the magical tools and upgraded the amount of items I can carry and some other stuff. I haven’t seen yet what I need to do to make my house bigger because right now it’s pathetic and I can’t even fit a bedroom section in. Did some stuff for Goody and upgraded his shop too. 

Apparently you can’t buy stuff with real money besides the initial packs right now? I like that, I feel like playing right now might be best for me while it’s more just them tweaking the core game and before it becomes some kind of real money shop.

Its really a nice looking game for this type of thing. This might get its hooks in me.

• Like 1
  • Sicko 2

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills but I don’t see anywhere on the PS5 version to enable the cross platform play. On Switch there’s a Cloud Save option which prompted creating a GAMELOFT account. But no such option exists thah I can find on PS5, I don’t even see an option to log in and load cloud data on PS5. Anyone able to help with this? Am I just being dumb and missing it in an obvious spot?