I remember after Scalia died, a swarm of people said, "But I like how balanced the court is right now plz don't replace with liberal justice the court is perfection atm."

23 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

The court wasn't even balanced at that time.

Kennedy was not a swing Justice even in the way O'Conner was. He was a conservative Justice who voted liberal on a couple big issues.

Saved the legitimacy of the court as seen by libs for several years

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Who are these people?

The crusading knights of both siderism. The ones who wring their hands about Dems not being quite civil enough as the GOP removes the last remaining vestiges of representative government.

The ones writing about how the appointment of Brown is roughly on par with the scorched earth Trump trio  because, like, Mitch McConnell says she's too liberal or something.

There’s seldom few good opinion writers who are actually knowledgeable and help contextualize the events of the world in a historical context, and then there’s the vast majority of opinion writers who are idiots and or hacks who have an ideological axe to grind (but don’t dare come out and openly state their ideology)

19 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I think you guys need to do what I do and not read opinion pieces as a general rule

I don't remember the last time I legitimately sat down to read an opinion column on anything but unimportant things (niche industries, gaming, movies, etc). Most people would be better off not reading political columns.

6 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I think you guys need to do what I do and not read opinion pieces as a general rule

6 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

That's what I'm wondering as well.

By opinion pieces, you guys must mean d1p posters because that’s where I read these opinions.

If we didn’t have the 2018 boards wipe where we lost everything, I’d be a major necro bumping asshole, which sounds really disgusting but isn’t how it sounds.