My beautiful amazing loyal dog has passed away

SuperSpreader

15 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I know it's cliche but right now I don't think I'm going to ever be the same. I feel like a part of me is severed. 

We always wear our losses. What you're feeling is normal. Don't feel like you need to bury it or be ashamed of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rachel said:

You may not ever be the same and that’s okay. Sometimes things happen in life and change you forever. But things can get better too. Just keep grieving and keep taking care of yourself for now. 

I just wish he was with me and that I could hug him and tell him I love him again. 

13 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

I know it's cliche but right now I don't think I'm going to ever be the same. I feel like a part of me is severed. 

Try losing your identical twin and come talk to me about part of yourself is severed. My heart and soul have been ripped from my chest. Not down playing your loss but I understand what you mean. 

9 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Try losing your identical twin and come talk to me about part of yourself is severed. My heart and soul have been ripped from my chest. Not down playing your loss but I understand what you mean. 

Yeah I can't imagine. I'm having a lot of difficulty with this. Now that he's gone I see even more how much warmth and love he brought us. 

2 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Yeah I can't imagine. I'm having a lot of difficulty with this. Now that he's gone I see even more how much warmth and love he brought us. 

It'll never be the same but you will get a bit better and maybe even get another dog someday. 

4 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

We'll see. At the moment I can't imagine that. I don't know that I ever want to love any being as much as the love I felt for him. But it's all still fresh. 

Love isn't an amount, it's a type. You'll never feel that love again but you haven't felt anything like the love yet to come, either. 

• Like 2

Tonight has been a little better. He is constantly on my mind and I have the image of him on my mind and have cried throughout the day but I'm able to think about other things at the same time. Kind of like overlapping thoughts, honestly never been able to do this before.. it's like right now he's always on my mind and my mind has multiple cores running his application and my current task. 

• Like 4

My wife and I went out to dinner and spent time with a friend. We were doing a bit better. I miss every moment with him. I was able to walk my other dog without crying for the first time. It didn't work the other walks after. But I wasn't tearing the entire time. I miss him so much and talk to him throughout the day. I left the door open in case he wanted to "come and go" outside while I did some work around the house today. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

My wife and I went out to dinner and spent time with a friend. We were doing a bit better. I miss every moment with him. I was able to walk my other dog without crying for the first time. It didn't work the other walks after. But I wasn't tearing the entire time. I miss him so much and talk to him throughout the day. I left the door open in case he wanted to "come and go" outside while I did some work around the house today. 

Grieve how you want to, dude. 

• 2 weeks later...

Got confirmation that there wasn't anything we could do other than predicting the future months ago to have saved him, and his existence would have been medicated, surgeries, exams, tests, limited meals, pills, lethargy. 

Still his death has made me go  from "I want to live forever!" my entire life to "I'd be fine if I died, but people depend on me so I guess it's better that I don't." 

• Sad 1

• 5 months later...
6 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

Still cry every few days, last night was especially rough. 

I still have my moments too. Yesterday marked 2 months since I lost Buddy and kinda had a few moments a few weeks back when we learn that we wouldn’t have the new puppy in November. Hoping for some litters in Dec she said, and the dad looks just like Buddy for both hopefuls. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

Still cry every few days, last night was especially rough. 

Yea, it's tough. I've lost 3 dogs in my life and it is heart breaking. Just hang in there and remember the good times. When you feel the time is right, I suggest getting a new dog to love. 

• Hugs 2

On 10/2/2022 at 4:46 PM, best3444 said:

Yea, it's tough. I've lost 3 dogs in my life and it is heart breaking. Just hang in there and remember the good times. When you feel the time is right, I suggest getting a new dog to love. 

I turned 40 this past July and Buddy was my 5th family dog I have sadly lost, along with 7 Guinea Pigs. Everyone of them was/still is hard to get over, because they’re fucking family. We(the family) actually thought about not owning another pet after we lost our first Buddy after only 6 years. That lasted a few weeks and the house just felt empty, and there were 5 of us in the house. After we lost this Buddy we thought we were a 1 dog family, and that literally lasted 3-4 days. Although I think it’s because Fozzie Bear needs a friend just as much as we want/need him to have a furry friend again.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, silentbob said:

I turned 40 this past July and Buddy was my 5th family dog I have sadly lost, along with 7 Guinea Pigs. Everyone of them was/still is hard to get over, because they’re fucking family. We(the family) actually thought about not owning another pet after we lost our first Buddy after only 6 years. That lasted a few weeks and the house just felt empty, and there were 5 of us in the house. After we lost this Buddy we thought we were a 1 dog family, and that literally lasted 3-4 days. Although I think it’s because Fozzie Bear needs a friend just as much as we want/need him to have a furry friend again.

I'm 40 as well. Pets are absolutely beautiful for true unconditional love and losing them is just as hard as losing a loved one (human being). I'm sorry you had to go through it with 5 dogs and your guinea pigs. It's very sad and devastating for not only you but the entire family. Everytime I lost a pet I ended up getting another one even though initially I didn't think I would do it. 

Having pets in your life makes things better and more enjoyable. I was never a fan of cats but I got my little boy from a shelter and he is so incredible. Most cats I knew growing up were antisocial and not very loving. Well my cat Elton is the sweetest cat I've ever met. He absolutely loves to snuggle and play and he is my best friend. He's adorable lol.

Anyway, I understand your sadness and it's good to talk about it too. 

• Like 2