Ti West's "X" - March 18th starring Mia Goth, Jenna Ortega, Martin Henderson, Brittany Snow, and Scott Mescudi

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Been awhile since I saw a good Ti West film, I'll check it out if reviews are good.

98% Fresh out of 40 reviews so far. Like @Kamushastated, the word of mouth & buzz around this film have been spectacularly positive. I only JUST saw the trailer prior to making this thread, yet already had tix bought for a showing on Monday w/ a buddy because of how much positive vibes have been put out for it already ahead of its release on Friday.

1 hour ago, SoberChef said:

I found it to be quite good, well paced & acted, solid story with a backstory that has a prequel trailer after the credits, this will be titled "Pearl" & I can't wait to scope it out!

Personally I found it a little too slow. Didn't know about the bonus trailer or I'd have hung around to check it out 

21 hours ago, SoberChef said:

By all means, please talk about it if & when you do!

Just got out of it a bit ago. Really liked it. It's more or less what you want it to be. There's no real twists or surprises,  but it doesn't detract from the film in any way. Everything it sets up, is paid off, and really well done. 

It takes a while to get going, but I didn't mind in the slightest... could be because the performances were all really strong, or it could be because what they were doing. Lol. 

One thing you notice from the first shot of the film, that carries throughout, is the shot reveals are set up brilliantly--West does a fantastic job at pulling your attention to one location, and then letting it expand through the shot. 

Also...

Spoiler

I REALLY hope the trailer after the end credits is a real movie. It looks absolutely bonkers. In all the best ways it can without Nic Cage being in it. :lol:

• Like 1

@EmblazonYes, that trailer IS real, it has already been shot & will be released more than likely within the next year. There is actually a 3rd potential film as Ti West has said he wanted to make a trilogy so there's potential. As for your comments about lingering shots, pulling attention & focus, allowing things to breath scene to scene is really refreshing & sort of serene in a way actually.

On 3/27/2022 at 7:35 PM, Emblazon said:

The more I think about, the more I like the movie and want to see it again. 

And I had NO idea that

Hide contents

Mia Goth played Pearl in the movie. Blown away by her performances. 

Yeah I hear you about that performance! Like I want...no I need to re-watch this as soon as possible just to pick up those threads. Definitely a film to add to my physical copy collection for the rewatchability alone.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...