Anyone ever watch The Leftovers?

Fizzzzle

I'm almost done with the first season, holy shit this show is dark. I guess I never expected a Damon Lindelof show to hit those dark notes, but goddamn, it is one of the darkest shows I've ever seen. Like if you want to just feel sad and get some humanity sucked out of you for a little bit, then The Leftovers is your jam.

I'm wondering how it changes, as I noticed that the first season was reviewed mostly kind of "eh," while the second and third seasons are really well reviewed in general.

10 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I didn't catch the 3rd season but 1 and 2 are good.

I don't know if I'll be able to keep up with it so far. I have enough shit going on in my life that I don't know if I need to watch "humanity sucks: the series" in my spare time.

I honestly don't know if I have the stomach to make it through the whole thing. I watch tv entirely for escapism. Something in the last episode I watched last night was a bit of a triggering event and I kind of had a mini panic attack.

I deal with depression, I (think I?) cope with it. Having a character deal with insomnia is like a nail on the coffin. About six months ago I was close to committing myself. My insomnia was so bad I was starting to have trouble remembering what was real or a dream. I was literally losing my mind.

So yeah... This show might just hit a little too close to home for me to enjoy it. At least for now.

3 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I honestly don't know if I have the stomach to make it through the whole thing. I watch tv entirely for escapism. Something in the last episode I watched last night was a bit of a triggering event and I kind of had a mini panic attack.

I deal with depression, I (think I?) cope with it. Having a character deal with insomnia is like a nail on the coffin. About six months ago I was close to committing myself. My insomnia was so bad I was starting to have trouble remembering what was real or a dream. I was literally losing my mind.

So yeah... This show might just hit a little too close to home for me to enjoy it. At least for now.

I really struggled to make it through this series. It's a really hard watch. It's a shame that people felt so burned by Lost that they didn't give this show a chance.

It may not be the best show that I've ever seen, but it certainly is the one the affected me the most. 

• 3 months later...
21 hours ago, Moa said:

Finally got around to finishing this. Overall I think it was pretty great but a very hard watch. The ending was one of the best I've seen from a show.

It is an unbelievably hard watch. I could rarely watch episodes back to back. The experience, however, was one of my all time most enjoyable experiences. 

• Halal 2