Woot.com 77” CX OLED $2099

Spork3245

8 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

Got an A series from costco 65in for 1800 and love it. Disappointed it's only 60Hz but it looks amazing and I only use it for the rare switch or any PC title that doesnt support ultrawide.

Yea, the current A series is only HDMI 2.0. I currently have a 65" B7a LG OLED, but it started to show some signs of burn-in so I've been debating on replacing it anyway, was just waiting for a deal. I know the X and current 1 series have much better burn-in protection. For almost 1/3rd off and basically the price of a 65", I couldn't pass up this 77".

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Yea, the current A series is only HDMI 2.0. I currently have a 65" B7a LG OLED, but it started to show some signs of burn-in so I've been debating on replacing it anyway, was just waiting for a deal. I know the X and current 1 series have much better burn-in protection. For almost 1/3rd off and basically the price of a 65", I couldn't pass up this 77".

I always wanted an OLED but I lived with fear of burn in for like 10 years with my plasma. Just couldn't do it again. Now my kids would be the one burning something into the screen. I'll come home to something paused on the screen that they were watching 3 hours ago and everybody just up and left the room. 

4 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

I always wanted an OLED but I lived with fear of burn in for like 10 years with my plasma. Just couldn't do it again. Now my kids would be the one burning something into the screen. I'll come home to something paused on the screen that they were watching 3 hours ago and everybody just up and left the room. 

OLEDs automatically go to a screen saver after about a minute if you’re using a built in app. It took 4 years before any burn in happened and the new tech is much better at preventing burn in.

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

OLEDs automatically go to a screen saver after about a minute if you’re using a built in app. It took 4 years before any burn in happened and the new tech is much better at preventing burn in.

He has a ghost in his house that will prevent the TV from going into screensaver mode.

• Haha 3

My mom needed a new tv and she decided on a LG C1 and wanted the 48” version but wasn’t in stock for my local stores Black Friday deal BUT they had the 55” in stock. Convinced my mom to get the bigger size and now hangs on our living room wall. Tempted to bring down my XSX and try out the VRR on some of my games

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2021 at 2:45 PM, Biggie said:

Refurbished 

In my experience, refurbished has basically meant "pretty much new, except you know it works because it actually had to be tested to be refurbished." I've never gotten a DOA refurb, new on the other hand... always a gamble.

44 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

In my experience, refurbished has basically meant "pretty much new, except you know it works because it actually had to be tested to be refurbished." I've never gotten a DOA refurb, new on the other hand... always a gamble.

Thanks nerd

I'm blown away often with The 83" LGC1 Oled, and the 65" LGCX. It's so smooth gaming, and Dolby vision is amazing when implemented right, that and HDR plus, wow just wow! I knew it was a purtty tv, but in person its stunning. Paired with and amazing home theater system, I find it hard to turn it off.....lol

If I still had a desk where I pc game, I wouldn't think twice and buy a 48" lgc1 fir the monitor. They are great paired to a good gaming pc. Just all around great tvs, and prices are very reasonable too!

On 12/19/2021 at 9:38 AM, Spork3245 said:

Does the burn in only really show up when something red is on the screen? Because some LG screens have this as a known issue and they’ll fix it for free. 

41 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Does the burn in only really show up when something red is on the screen? Because some LG screens have this as a known issue and they’ll fix it for free. 

Reds/pinks and yellows is where it’s noticeable. It’s a b7a so it’s well out of warranty unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Reds/pinks and yellows is where it’s noticeable. It’s a b7a so it’s well out of warranty unfortunately.

Check anyway. I have a B7 and it was out of warranty and they still replaced it because it’s a manufacturers issue with the display not any kind of burn in due to negligence. 

maybe they’ll say no but worth a shot. It’s an email and then they asked me for a Screen shot using a certain YouTube channel that shows all red. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Check anyway. I have a B7 and it was out of warranty and they still replaced it because it’s a manufacturers issue with the display not any kind of burn in due to negligence. 

maybe they’ll say no but worth a shot. It’s an email and then they asked me for a Screen shot using a certain YouTube channel that shows all red. 

I went ahead and submitted a ticket. Worst case they tell me I have to pay for it lol

@DarkStar189, I was doing some research, and QD-OLEDs should be coming in about a year or so, I think they will be perfect for you. On paper/theoretically, there’s no more burn-in with them due to how it works compared to RGB OLED (current OLED) as it’s (essentially) all blue light, then uses another layer to convert the blue light to other colors, then a third layer which is what you actually see. This makes so everything “burns” evenly (since it’s always 100% blue light), also allows for better operating temps, AND makes OLEDs as bright (if not brighter) than current LED/LCD TVs. The other (future) option seems to be micro-LED which is still a bit off and also seems to be more expensive.

I think My TCL S-Series in my bedroom is starting to go. The image seems very dark, but its intermittent. 

I have an 65 LG OLED. I think its a B7A. It still plays flawlessly. Hundreds of hours of gaming and zero burn in. Im thinking of moving this to my bedroom if my TCL shits the bed. 

Where my 65” OLED is now, my viewing distance is 10.5’ so I think a 77” is the perfect size. What is the difference between the CX and C1?

12 minutes ago, atom631 said:

I think My TCL S-Series in my bedroom is starting to go. The image seems very dark, but its intermittent. 

I have an 65 LG OLED. I think its a B7A. It still plays flawlessly. Hundreds of hours of gaming and zero burn in. Im thinking of moving this to my bedroom if my TCL shits the bed. 

Where my 65” OLED is now, my viewing distance is 10.5’ so I think a 77” is the perfect size. What is the difference between the CX and C1?

C1 has the newest version of WebOS, that’s the biggest difference. If you’re willing to wait a few short months, the C2s are on their way and have the tech of the G-series for better cooling allowing a brighter screen… OR, you could spend the extra for a G1 over a C1.

• Like 1