Anybody buy an Xbox through Xbox All Access?

DarkStar189

I was randomly looking into buying a Series X and noticed the All Access program on the Best Buy website. Click on it to see I can buy it and get it for store pick up this Thursday the 18th. So I did it. Was it really that easy? Does the All Access thing get priority with new consoles? Maybe I set myself up for disappointment come Thursday. I guess I'll find out...Anybody here buy one through this program with the monthly payments? 

I looked it up, it looks like Best Buy offered a Total Tech membership for $199 that might have been necessary to try and buy a PS5/Xbox. I didn't run into anything about that while buying it though. Just did the credit check through Citizen bank, said approved, and got a receipt with the pick up barcode to take to the store. The thought of paying $34.99 for the next 24 months sounds annoying but the fine print said there is no fee if you pay off the purchase early which is cool. 

I haven’t done this, but it’s all just a legit way to get it, seems Best Buy just happens to have some you can get that way right now. Mine says I could get one by the 24th if I wanted to do it. 

It’s not a bad deal when you count what GPU costs per month it would actually be a savings of $20 total! Of course normally you’d want to find cheap GPU deals and stack but still for something like this it’s really not a rip off.

@best3444 You should check to see if you can do it this way if they still have them by the time you check! Then just sell all your shit to gamestop and use it to buy games. With the amount of games you buy, the gamestop credit should theoretically cover the $35 each month.

2 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

@stepee

It feels like a pretty good deal since your paying for the console and Game Pass. I won't even have to purchase any games haha. 

The cost to get in the Xbox eco system is such a better value it just goes to show Sony’s dominance that it doesn’t even seem to matter yet!

I tried doing it months ago but after I signed up the console was sold out so I was on all access but with no console.

I didn't really like it as you have to essentially take out a loan with some bank and create an account for that bank and yeah, it also wasn't the kind of deal I thought it was (getting game pass) turned out wasn't that great of a deal. So I contacted them to get rid of the loan or whatever and they said be sure because you can't do it a second time or something like that.

So I had all access and no Xbox to show for it.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, HardAct said:

Was hoping to score a PS5 when I saw this topic, but was unable to. I did though grab the Xbox series X. They said I could just pay it off and forgo the 30+ bucks for 24 months. Yes it was extra, but it's covered again under the total tech warranty automatically and the 2 years of Game Pass Ultimate I would've bought anyways so it's a win, win! So at least I'll have an XSX to hook up on the 83" Oled picking it up on the 24th and paying it off then! Now I just need an easy PS5 guys, suggestions?

Congrats on the Series X :celebrate:

as for an easy PS5 system. I can ask one of my co-workers as he just won last week a PS5 along with a 75” 4K Sony TV. I think they have a photo up first of the win at my store and then they get to take it home (hope at least they deliver it for them) 

Went to Best Buy tonight and the console was sitting there all alone on the pick up shelf waiting for me. If any of you have a want for a Series X, that was the easiest experience I feel like I could ever have asked for. In a world of shortages and supply problems, I feel like I practically stole this thing. 

• Like 1

Xbox All Access and Best Buy Total Access are two separate things that people seem to be conflating. Xbox All Acess is simply just a payment plan option for xbox+gamepass but it can be the easiest way to secure one. There is no upfront cost needed. Xbox All Access is not limited to Best Buy and can be done through MS, gamestop, etc as well.

9 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm now confused in what to do. What exactly do I have to do to snag a XSX at bestbuy? I can't follow this thread :(

You buy the "were totally not scalping shit" for $199 from BB. And if they have them you can buy the XSX thru MS month plan called Xbox All Access after you pass a credit check.

And as @stepee said Xbox All Access is not limited to just BB buttttt the $199 gets you in a better position to score one.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

Went to Best Buy tonight and the console was sitting there all alone on the pick up shelf waiting for me. If any of you have a want for a Series X, that was the easiest experience I feel like I could ever have asked for. In a world of shortages and supply problems, I feel like I practically stole this thing. 

Hoping it's just like that come the 24th for me. I plan to just pay it off 1st chance I get. Did it come with a 24 month GamePassUltimate card or code?

Didnt want to pay that much as I'm subbed to GPU for at least 18 more months as it is, but oh well. I'm good with it. Also comes with 24 month warrenty with the ability to add 24 more after if you so desire?

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Xbox All Access and Best Buy Total Access are two separate things that people seem to be conflating. Xbox All Acess is simply just a payment plan option for xbox+gamepass but it can be the easiest way to secure one. There is no upfront cost needed. Xbox All Access is not limited to Best Buy and can be done through MS, gamestop, etc as well.

I thought it was locked behind the BB sub but it isn’t. There is actually one in a local BB. 

58 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

You buy the "were totally not scalping shit" for $199 from BB. And if they have them you can buy the XSX thru MS month plan called Xbox All Access after you pass a credit check.

And as @stepee said Xbox All Access is not limited to just BB buttttt the $199 gets you in a better position to score one.

I haven't been following this... does the $199 go towards the purchase price? I hope I'm misreading this because it kind of reads like "pay us $199 and you'll be put closer to the front of the line to pay more money to buy a console."

Yeah these names are confusing but we definitely need to clear it up. I definitely DID NOT need Best Buys weird $200 program to qualify. You just go to their Xbox All Access link, click purchase, it will do a credit check through Citizen bank and if your credit is good enough you are instantly accepted. And it will give you a time and day to pick up the console at the store. Then you get an email from Citizen to set up an online account to make payments there. Ill have to log in again to the Citizen website to see when the first payment is due. But I have the Series X in my possession without having put any money down which is pretty cool. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

So I was able to purchase one just now through Xbox all access, at best buy but I didnt need the total access to do it.

I was approved but now what? It reads 

"

Your Citizens One Line of Credit for Xbox All Access is approved and is ready to be used for this purchase. You will receive a welcome email from Citizens One with a link to set up your account and monthly payments.

Payment Information

Monthly payments of $37.09/mo. for 24 months with Citizens One Line of Credit for Xbox All Access. Your first monthly payment will be due within 30 days from purchase and continue for 24 months.

How do I buy the xsx?

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I was approved but now what? It reads 

"

Your Citizens One Line of Credit for Xbox All Access is approved and is ready to be used for this purchase. You will receive a welcome email from Citizens One with a link to set up your account and monthly payments.

Payment Information

Monthly payments of $37.09/mo. for 24 months with Citizens One Line of Credit for Xbox All Access. Your first monthly payment will be due within 30 days from purchase and continue for 24 months.

How do I buy the xsx?

When I did this Sunday night, on the Best Buy website it said buy now for pick up Thursday Nov 18th. So I did it, qualified, somewhere I hit the complete purchase button and done. Then under your orders on the Best Buy website it showed as preparing order for Nov 18th.

1 hour ago, HardAct said:

Hoping it's just like that come the 24th for me. I plan to just pay it off 1st chance I get. Did it come with a 24 month GamePassUltimate card or code?

Didnt want to pay that much as I'm subbed to GPU for at least 18 more months as it is, but oh well. I'm good with it. Also comes with 24 month warrenty with the ability to add 24 more after if you so desire?

On the website it said the 24 Month Subscription would be pre installed on the console. Hard to believe but it was true. Loaded up the console, it seemed to want me to use the Xbox app on a phone to set everything up so I did. Signed in and during the set up process it just popped up on screen "click here to redeem your 24 month subscription". Super easy. 

23 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

So I was able to purchase one just now through Xbox all access, at best buy but I didnt need the total access to do it.

Ya, that  is what I’m trying to say, it’s not needed and I’ve seen them around on Best Buy through this way!