At 7:00 am PST The Final Smash Character Will be Revealed!

Keyser_Soze

49 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The most requested smash character 6 years in the making!

I'm willing to get a large chunk of the negotiations were related to the Mickey logo hanging from Sora's keyblade.

I was really hoping for Doomguy, but a Mii Fighter is good enough.

I mean, the introduction was great. I used to be a KH fan, and that that music with Sora floating about is just literal magic. It makes me want to play KH so badly, specifically the music. IMO, it is one of the best pieces of music in gaming. It almost always gives me cold chills. And there was so much work put into Sora as a fighter. It is like he was ripped right out of the game and put into Smash. I don't think there is a more perfect 3rd party fighter in the game. Some people have already called his move set uninspired but that shit is pure KH and it is great. 

That said, again, another anime swordsman when there are actual Nintendo characters that people want in the game. 

And while I am sure working with Disney is a pain, damn shame Sora's Final Smash didn't make use of the Red Trinity Smash with Donald and Goofy. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Yeah kinda weird to have literally ZERO Disney reps. But undoubtedly they are very protective of their characters/IP, so they aren’t the easiest to work with. 

I assume, anyway.

I'm shocked they even got to use the Mickey logo. Sakurai did mention licensing was tricky.

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Also they don't have the pull to get a Utada song in  the game.

And I'm sure they didn't even try because licensing was already enough of a pain.

11 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Because it's fun to ask my mom who's clueless about these types of things, I asked her who she thought the final smash character was and she said, Donkey Kong :lol:

My wife didn't know Sora's name and referred to him anime Peter Pan from the Disney games.