Have you become more anti social over the last 1.5 years?

Fizzzzle

For me personally, covid didn't really interrupt my life in any meaningful way, at least for long. I was only out of work for like 2 months, and during that time I was hanging out in a house with 7 roommates, so we had a fairly social bubble.

I just got back from visiting my friend on the east coast who spent most of the last year and change living alone and working remote, and he's really not the same anymore. He used to be the life of the party, now he doesn't really want to go out anymore, doesn't want to meet anyone, and kind of just wants to sit at home and watch anime all day. We went out to bars to play pool a few times, but every time it was like "... yeah, I guess I'll go," whereas he used to be the one dragging me out.

Have you had a similar experience, or someone you know?

I was extremely social from my mid teens to my late 20's. Then I realized that I just don't give a enough of a fuck about people to socialize with them. I have a few family members that I do care for and do socialize with on occasion but that's it. My wife get upset with me because I do cut people out of my life rather quickly , but I dont want to spend the energy or the time dealing with shit heels I dont care for just cause the family want me to.

The past 1.5 years have been a blessing for me .

7 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

I do cut people out of my life rather quickly...

Hell yeah - I've practically turned that into an art form!

In fact, you guys on this board mean more to me than 99% of the people I know in real-life.  It's you guys, my mother, my sister, and Inuk - that's pretty much it!

Everyone else?  Eh.

• Like 2