Activision-Blizzard Case Update: Activision's internal investigation pats itself on the back for doing a pretty good job

42 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

It would be so easy for some Chinese companies to come in, throw a ton of yuan at the problem and just take over the industry. What? They're already doing that? Cool.

I think you mean Chinese companies will pull away talent by backing new studios set up by people leaving. :) I expect we see a few early next year.

16 minutes ago, chakoo said:

I think you mean Chinese companies will pull away talent by backing new studios set up by people leaving. :) I expect we see a few early next year.

That's what I said. People bemoaning Tencent owning everything should instead be pissed at execs burning their employees for an extra few million in bonus.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:
Phil-Spencer.jpg
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

But exec says he doesn’t believe it’s his job “to punish other companies”…

Sony to get more exclusives and exclusive windows for Activision games and content. Check. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: WSJ report claims that Kotick considered buying PC Gamer and Kotaku to "change the public narrative" surrounding Activision Blizzard
On 1/10/2022 at 10:02 PM, Keyser_Soze said:
Phil-Spencer.jpg
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

But exec says he doesn’t believe it’s his job “to punish other companies”…

That's certainly one way to "change how we do certain things" vis-a-vis Activision, Phil!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

California Lawyer Quits Over Allegation Newsom Meddled in Activision Case (Bloomberg)

A top lawyer for the state of California has resigned, accusing the governor's office of interfering with a discrimination lawsuit against Activision Blizzard Inc.

Melanie Proctor, the assistant chief counsel for California's Department of Fair Employment and Housing, said in an email to staff Tuesday night that she was resigning to protest the fact that her boss at the agency, Chief Counsel Janette Wipper, had been abruptly fired by the governor. Both lawyers had already stepped down from the Activision lawsuit earlier this month without explanation. A representative for the two attorneys confirmed that Proctor had resigned and Wipper was fired.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Activision-Blizzard Case Update: top lawyer for state of California resigns after accusing Governor Newsom's office of "interfering" in the case and "abruptly" firing her boss
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Activision-Blizzard Case Update: Activision investigates itself and found that it really didn't do all that much wrong
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Activision-Blizzard Case Update: Activision's internal investigation pats itself on the back for doing a pretty good job
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...