World of Warcraft Thread

Nokt

I don’t think we have a thread for this, though I don’t think a ton of people are playing it.

I main an ally DK on Tichondrius, but have a few horde characters on kil'jaeden. Still leveling to 120 currently, I was trying to grind for a void elf before the expansion dropped. I still think it’s dumb you have to become exalted to gain access to the new races. 

Yeah. My rogue is 120. Scaling sucks at fresh 120. Everything hits too hard. I could easily solo the 3-man quests but at 120 I can't solo that shit at all. Almost feel like leveling my warrior and playing that instead. I also did get a void elf to 110. The rep grind wasn't that bad to unlock them.

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

Yeah. My rogue is 120. Scaling sucks at fresh 120. Everything hits too hard. I could easily solo the 3-man quests but at 120 I can't solo that shit at all. Almost feel like leveling my warrior and playing that instead. I also did get a void elf to 110. The rep grind wasn't that bad to unlock them.

Probably just going to pay for a race change when I unlock them. I have absolutely no interest in leveling a new character

3 minutes ago, Nokt said:

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-service-race-change

More expensive than I thought it was.

Ugh. Should have saved my 110 level.

the boost? Won't get  the armor that way either. You have to level from 20-110 to get the armor. Also, you can't buy a race chance to an allied race unless you have it unlocked. So you still have to do the rep grind

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

the boost? Won't get  the armor that way either. You have to level from 20-110 to get the armor. Also, you can't buy a race chance to an allied race unless you have it unlocked. So you still have to do the rep grind

Yeah I said I’d change after I unlocked them. I assumed you’d still have to grind for it. Screw them then, humans have a better pvp racial ?.

If you're just wanting Void Elf, that's probably the easiest of the few to get as the two factions from Argus were the easiest to get rep for especially after they buffed it.  They should also give out rep on the mission table so I would check that out in order to get it done.

Now Nightborne, you have to get exalted with them and complete the whole Suramar quest chain for their story.  That's the last one I need to finish to have them all out of the way.

I'm having serious issues committing to what faction/race/class to play. I've mained a rogue for most of my time in WoW, but the dps role bores me to tears. I'm strongly considering using my boost on a disc priest since healing is a lot of fun PvE and disc feels very active with its dps to heal mechanics. That said, I can't decide if I want to wait until I unlock nightborne to roll my priest or even switch to Alliance because Kul Tiras is Cool Tiras. 

I boosted my NE priest to 110 on Cenarius.  Part of me is regretting buying the xpac.  The game feels clunky and slow, the cast time on mounts irritates me more than I thought it would, the lack of an option to deposit all the materials in your bag into the bank, having to go to a mail box to get mail, having to go to the auction house to browse items, the new races locked behind reputation grinds.  The game just feels old and shitty.  I'll probably level the priest to max and maybe on of my other toons, they are all level 85 as cata was the last xpac I bought.  Another thing why the hell do I have to go to a transmog to hide my cape, shoulders, or head piece now?

I quit gw2 for almost 2 years came back and after a 10 min review was caught up and ready to go.  Coming back to wow on the other hand feels like a chore starting with fixing the shit default UI.

Just now, Bacon said:

you can tho, or maybe it is an add-on. Add-on's are a must

Can you do it from anywhere in the world?  In GW2 you can right click the bag select deposit materials and no matter where you are they go to your material storage in your bank.

7 minutes ago, Engel said:

Can you do it from anywhere in the world?  In GW2 you can right click the bag select deposit materials and no matter where you are they go to your material storage in your bank.

How much does it cost to unlock all of the living world story stuff if you haven't played any of that so far in GW 2?

45 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

How much does it cost to unlock all of the living world story stuff if you haven't played any of that so far in GW 2?

I have no idea.  I think it was 200gems/episode.  Last time I bought one a few years ago it cost me 100g or so if i remember right.

I've really been enjoying this expansion. It's kind of a bummer there's not really any new abilities or talent points, but I'm loving the concept of Azerite gear as this customizable replacement of sorts. It makes gear interesting again. I hate gear that's just stats or very little flavor.

All the stuff Engel was complaining about is true I guess, you totally have to go to a mailbox to check mail (or use your MOLL-E) so I guess that could... bother someone? You also do have to use the auction house to use the auction house. This is all true. But uhh, I consider that extremely minor side shit.

That said, Path of Fire is a great expansion for GW2, and I thoroughly enjoyed most of it. But it didn't really have any staying power for me. I love the concept of an MMO without the trinity, but I feel like the combat itself just never got to a level I could really, truly love for the long-term. The mount stuff was a ton of fun, though!

Weirdly, I still think WoW has what is easily the best actual combat in a "normal" MMO, that is to say an MMO that isn't some shitty Korean grindfest where literally the only thing the game has going for it is the combat. I feel like you get into something like TERA, and the combat's a lot of fun, but the game overall is just a steaming pile of generic shit.

Meanwhile, these new BfA zones have killing fucking mood and atmosphere. I'm just loving the design in this expansion. It's a big step up from the green Legion stuff.

41 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

All the stuff Engel was complaining about is true I guess, you totally have to go to a mailbox to check mail (or use your MOLL-E) so I guess that could... bother someone? You also do have to use the auction house to use the auction house. This is all true. But uhh, I consider that extremely minor side shit.

Yeah, I was gonna post about it but I went to the store. Like, FFXIV is the same way right? And there are plenty of ways to get to zones with mailboxes and an AH. I mean, there are three fucking hearthstones now, and if you are a mage...

44 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Meanwhile, these new BfA zones have killing fucking mood and atmosphere. I'm just loving the design in this expansion. It's a big step up from the green Legion stuff.

Yeah, the zones are pretty great. I have had warmode on most of the time as well. I usually don't world pvp but I'll take that 10%. I got killed for the first time in warmode and I stalked the guy and his buddy for 20 min while they were doing WQ and waited until a group of alliance players came so we could gang up on the two. 

2 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

While training in Sacramento for my job I was running WoW on a Surface. The times I checked I was averaging 40 frames on low/medium settings, dipping to 20s in high populated areas. I'm fairly confident in saying that anything with a dedicated GPU will do just fine.

Just got the new expansion over the weekend.  Tried to play both my mage and rogue at 110 and wasn't feeling them this expansion, so I used my boost on a warrior and am loving the way Fury plays so far.  Also, it gave me excuse to play the horde for the first time in a long time and the South American architecture is a nice change of pace from the orcish stuff I am used to with the horde.

On 8/20/2018 at 10:02 AM, P-Love said:

Just got the new expansion over the weekend.  Tried to play both my mage and rogue at 110 and wasn't feeling them this expansion, so I used my boost on a warrior and am loving the way Fury plays so far.  Also, it gave me excuse to play the horde for the first time in a long time and the South American architecture is a nice change of pace from the orcish stuff I am used to with the horde.

I really want to play on horde but the only character I have on horde is a 110 mage, and I discovered recently that I hate ranged. It started when I tried leveling an elemental shaman. It was super un-fun and then I switched to enhancement and holy shit was that like 10x better. Then I tried leveling up a warlock and it just sucked. Getting my mage from 100-110 only happened cuz I didn't play it for so long that I had loads of rested exp. I really want to play horde, but it seems like it ain't gonna happen. I mean, it will eventually cuz I will have a Zandalari Troll Enhance Shaman, and I have to get a horde character to 120 before then but yeah.