Brazil's Iguazu waterfall -- the largest in the world -- practically has no water, falling or otherwise

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Brazil's Iguazu waterfall -- the largest in the world -- practically has no water, falling or otherwise

It seems like we need some kind of moonshot advancement in carbon capture beyond any current conception of the technology, or just start preparing to develop the chemical they shot into the sky in Snowpiercer or something. It really does not seem like some loose commitments to decarbonize by 2050 are gonna get the job done at this point.

3 hours ago, Ricofoley said:

It seems like we need some kind of moonshot advancement in carbon capture beyond any current conception of the technology, or just start preparing to develop the chemical they shot into the sky in Snowpiercer or something. It really does not seem like some loose commitments to decarbonize by 2050 are gonna get the job done at this point.

In honor of Hathaway's release I'd like to propose space colonization. Nothing too fancy space colonies on Lagrange points and the moon. Most fancy thing we'd need is an asteroid base/Jovian colonies if we need to "mine" for hydrogen/methane/other gases.

On a tangent -- I think Argentinian's would take issue with Iguazu being called Brazil's falls.  They're right on the border, and the biggest falls are in Argentina (even if the better views are from Brazil).  

It would be like claiming Niagara Falls all Canadian. 

On an even further tangent -- having been to both, Iguazu is far more pretty.  Niagara Falls feels far more powerful.

14 hours ago, Ricofoley said:

Elon's got you.

This feels like a good place for this

3901.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Study website made claims including warmer temperatures ‘could lead to healthier outdoor lifestyles’

I look forward to when the narrative shifts to "Climate change was going to happen anyways and we should just take further advantage of natural resources while we still can" in the coming years.

5 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

On an even further tangent -- having been to both, Iguazu is far more pretty.  Niagara Falls feels far more powerful.

IMO, I find Niagara Falls boring. I like seeing nature but nothing about it feels fun or exciting (I feel a smaller falls you can go stand next to would be better). Anytime I have to head that way to show to visiting family/friends I far more enjoy the time we spend in Niagara on the lake instead.

8 minutes ago, chakoo said:

This feels like a good place for this

3901.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Study website made claims including warmer temperatures ‘could lead to healthier outdoor lifestyles’

I look forward to when the narrative shifts to "Climate change was going to happen anyways and we should just take further advantage of natural resources while we still can" in the coming years.

IMO, I find Niagara Falls boring. I like seeing nature but nothing about it feels fun or exciting (I feel a smaller falls you can go stand next to would be better). Anytime I have to head that way to show to visiting family/friends I far more enjoy the time we spend in Niagara on the lake instead.

Couldn't agree more about N-o-t-L.

6 hours ago, chakoo said:

I remember Pompeo got asked about climate change at one point during the Trump administration and he started talking about how we should take advantage of new arctic shipping lanes opening up.