Edgar Wright's Last Night in Soho - Trailer

I have been salivating over the thought of Edgar doing a film in this genre, and the trailer did NOT disappoint! Thomasin McKenzie was awesome in Jojo Rabbit, also that this will be in October around the time Halloween Kills is out - talk about one hell of a double feature!!

My thread about Wright’s new documentary got hardly any attention. Which I get because documentaries aren’t as sexy as traditional movies, but the doc trailer actually features more of what made me fall in love with Wright in the first place. Fun music, quirky humor, unforgettable offbeat characters, etc.

Not to say that this new movies doesn’t look great, because it does, but if you truly are “in it for Wright” then you absolutely should not sleep on his trailer for The Sparks Brothers just because it’s for a documentary.

3 hours ago, SimpleG said:

I am in for Wright but i am no fan of Giallo films, hope it turns out well.

15 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

So I'm not the only one that got a serious Giallo vibe to this, whew! Thought I was nuts from thinking that.

Anya-Taylor-Joy-as-Sandy-in-Edgar-Wright
WWW.DENOFGEEK.COM

The new trailer for Edgar Wright’s Last Night in Soho begins with Thomasin McKenzie staring at a marquee billboard for Sean Connery’s fifth James Bond movie, Thunderball. For both her and audiences, it immediately lets us know we’ve been transported into a distant—and often romanticized—past. Yet instead of Bond, the actual tone of auteur Wright’s […]

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SoberChef said:

I have been salivating over the thought of Edgar doing a film in this genre, and the trailer did NOT disappoint! Thomasin McKenzie was awesome in Jojo Rabbit, also that this will be in October around the time Halloween Kills is out - talk about one hell of a double feature!!

I’ve been rooting for her since I saw her in Leave No Trace. With Jojo Rabbit, M. Night Shyamalan’s Old, and now this, I hope she keeps getting good work with interesting directors. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

this was really good! phenomenal acting and beautifully shot and designed. i think some people will feel underwhelmed with the story but i really liked it. 

i love that edgar wright did something new for him. you can kinda tell it’s an edgar wright film but it’s nothing like his other movies. 

• 3 months later...

Finally got around to this. Been listening to the soundtrack for months before and didn't realize how much of it influenced the main character. EW and James Gunn are my favorites at picking out a soundtrack. Puppet on a String kinda makes me sad now. ATJ has such a wonderful voice.

Love what I saw the first time. Gotta give it another go when I'm less high.