Are most of your friends terrible parents?

Fizzzzle

The older I get and the more of my friends start popping out little squirts, I am realizing that a lot of them are not particularly good parents. In most cases, there's no discipline whatsoever, in some cases they're kind of psycho. It kind of makes me think most people probably had fucked up parents.

In a way, it's kind of comforting. Like most people are innately good people regardless of their upbringing. Nature v. Nurture and whatnot.

I would say I know 2 different families that lean toward the bad parenting side. The one that stands out the most is my wife's friend we hang out with occasionally. She had her first 2 kids in high school. She has 5 total now. The kids range in the ages of 2 to 17 years old. The two youngest who are like 2 and 3 years old really don't get the attention they deserve. Girl seems Iike she's emotionally done with having to deal with kids. She's 35 years old. If you do the math, she's already been a mom longer in her life than not. 

The friends that planned on having kids are amazing parents. They're also more motivated, have great careers, own a house and they have two great kids.

Two other friends have good kids but the kids have medical problems so they do the best they can. They got divorced but continue to be devoted parents.