Grand Theft Auto V releasing for Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 on Armistice/Remembrance/Veterans Day

What the hell. They are milking the shit out of this game. And, as usual, people will buy it and it will continue to make massive amounts of money for Rockstar. At this point they don't even need to release GTA 6 until next gen. That is, the gen after the xsx and ps5.

If they are working on GTA 6 we won't see it for probably 3 years. Just imagine what they could do with these new consoles.

I played and beat GTA 5 twice and it's a phenomenal game. I just really hope that after they were done with RDR2 they started development on GTA 6.

What blows my mind, and I was talking to a friend about this the other day, was that when we were kids back in the 80's, it was a steady flow of new generation consoles and "the next big thing." Sure, we went back and played our old games and consoles all the time, but they were just games we went back and played through or dabbled in. There are games today that some teenagers have been playing consistently since they were kids. That's crazy to me. To think that there could be a 30 year old guy out there somewhere that's literally been playing World of Warcraft since he was 14. Or 21 year old that's been playing it for as long as they can remember. They've literally grown from kids to adults with this one game in their life the whole time. Shit, their Alt could be almost as old as them.

GTAV is gonna reach that status before much longer.

My Gamertag is old enough to drive. Goddamn.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Me too... I LOVE these games and the knock offs just don't come close to their brilliance. That said, I'm gonna buy this... AGAIN. I've lost track of how many times I've bought this game :p

I don't blame you. GTA 5 imo is one of the best games I've ever played honestly. With next gen upgrades it will be awesome to go back to.

• 10 months later...

I payed the $10 upgrade for the new graphics. It's alright. I doubt I'm going to get far in the game. I always forget how much they swear in the game. Like a ridiculous amount. Can only play with headphones at this point. 

Crazy to see this game will have a monthly subscription option. I still don't know anybody personally that even plays the multiplayer. 

I think it would be interesting to see the reaction to this in the community. The game is ten years old and when you're used to playing something for free for ten years are people really going to jump on board and do that? Also, it's only for next gen consoles Also, as far as I know the game has no cross saves / progression so I know a lot of people who stuck to the old Xbone/PS4 versions because they didn't want to start over. So if they wouldn't start over for that, and the subscription is next gen only does that mean you can continue to play for free on the old platforms?

• 9 months later...