Россия invades Україна | UPDATE (30 May 2024) - Biden gives Ukraine permission to strike some targets inside Russia with American weapons

It's amazing this day and age watching history unfold through the phones of people living directly in a warzone.  My heart breaks for all those living in Ukraine living through this hell, but it's also touching seeing the sheer bravery of these people fighting back against Russia to save their country.

• Ukraine 3

6 minutes ago, Comet said:

Maybe their hearts aren’t in it either and are going through the motions. Unfortunately the meat grinder needs meat. 

"Hey Yuri, take this BMP and a couple of trucks and head down that highway over there to check things out.  Don't worry - I'm pretty sure that absolutely nothing will happen to you on that thoroughly exposed stretch of concrete!"

30 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

What the hell are Russian unit-level commanders thinking?

Nothing is making any military sense whatsoever.

I think its a matter of the Emperor has no clothes. The Russian military has deteriorated to this point and unless they are just bombing the population without giving a shit like in Syria they are a 3rd world bloated corrupt military. . 

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

In 15+ years in Iraq the US only lost 4,500 soldiers. Russia has lost 3,500 in three days. If they've only committed around 60,000 troops into Ukraine so far, that's a 5.8% casualty rate. In three days.

Again, let's take that figure with a grain of salt.

However, it's pretty obvious that the Russians are being mauled in just about every until-level engagement.

• True 1