you all should watch Seaspiracy on Netflix

johnny

On 3/26/2021 at 11:38 AM, Joe said:

The male chick culling is the thing that makes me want to be a vegetarian the most. That shit is incredibly fucked.

eggs-in-pack.jpg
WWW.CONNEXIONFRANCE.COM

The latest French news and information explained in English with help guides for residents and second homeowners in France. Login or Subscribe to The Connexion.

6 minutes ago, Rachel said:

what’s your recipe

i currently am in possession of both cream and spinach 

image?q=85&c=sc&poi=face&w=3686&h=1843&u
WWW.ALLRECIPES.COM

Fresh spinach is cooked in a light cream sauce flavored with shallots, lemon, and a little nutmeg for a side dish that's perfect with any main dish.

I literally went out to buy two more bags of spinach because it came out so damn good. 

Invest in a microplane and get whole nutmeg to grate. Worth it.

24 minutes ago, Joe said:

image?q=85&c=sc&poi=face&w=3686&h=1843&u
WWW.ALLRECIPES.COM

Fresh spinach is cooked in a light cream sauce flavored with shallots, lemon, and a little nutmeg for a side dish that's perfect with any main dish.

I literally went out to buy two more bags of spinach because it came out so damn good. 

Invest in a microplane and get whole nutmeg to grate. Worth it.

Animated GIF

21 hours ago, Rachel said:

Agree. It has it’s place (like a quality steak) but it ain’t everything.

Ground beef is especially meh. I’ve usually been using ground Turkey in place of it lately and I like it better. 

85/15 ground turkey is delicious.

2 minutes ago, Rachel said:

The only thing I’ve found I prefer ground beef for is lasagna. But for things like chili, tacos, and burgers... ground Turkey is so much better. 

I would try deer burgers. I’d try deer in general, I never have but I’m open to it.  I wouldn’t go out of my way to get it but if someone offered it I’d accept. 

I've let my coworkers try it out of curiosity and they've generally liked it.

I do prefer beef for actual hamburgers and tacos, though.

Shit, that reminds me, I gotta go pick up the burger I had ground at the butcher's.

1 hour ago, Rachel said:

I would try deer burgers. I’d try deer in general, I never have but I’m open to it.  I wouldn’t go out of my way to get it but if someone offered it I’d accept. 

I only had deer meat for the first time last year. It was actually quite delicious but it took a few bites to get used to it. 

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I've let my coworkers try it out of curiosity and they've generally liked it.

Yea, one of my co-workers killed a dear over a weekend and brought some in for us to try. I'd be very interested in trying deer burgers. 

Watching at the moment - interesting but I like my documentaries a little bit dryer - but giving it the sense of believability. The range of experts and interview choices make it feel less authentic. 

Although it does help reaffirm my choice to not eat meat or fish - I think my next step is going to only buy dairy and eggs from local farms (and same for veg that I can’t grow myself). I wish that was a change I could make now - but with life as it is, I’m just not rich enough.

I also need to reduce my electricity and gas usage per day - which is pretty much impossible with having a baby but I’m sure there’s more that can be done.

Just now, Rachel said:

@Joe ACKNOWLEDGE ME

SORRY I SAW IT EARLIER AND FORGOT TO RESPOND!

I'm glad you liked it! A lot of food randomly tastes better the next day. I will try and leave the creamed spinach for the next day next time I make it, if I can manage to not eat it all in one sitting first.