SquareEnix: 'What if we remade FF7 again, while we're remaking it?' 'What if we made FF7 a Battle Royale?'

crispy4000

On 2/27/2021 at 7:22 AM, Paperclyp said:

I actually would pay a silly amount of money to have a 1:1 remake with modern assets. 

But sure, chibi. 

Fortunately not terribly bad looking chibi!

I'm on pretty good medication right now and was kinda baffled by the thread title but upon entering found it was accurate :epilepsy: Honestly both titles look interesting and more exciting to me than some of the stuff they do.

2 hours ago, DPCyric said:

Fortunately not terribly bad looking chibi!

I'm on pretty good medication right now and was kinda baffled by the thread title but upon entering found it was accurate :epilepsy: Honestly both titles look interesting and more exciting to me than some of the stuff they do.

Its a smartphone game. It'll be great fun when im bored. Waiting for my wife to finish shopping? Play the ff7 compilation. Can't sleep? Put in my galaxy buds and play. It'll be really cool to see a new interpretation of the original collection that isn't affected by the new game. 

I just hope they do it well.

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

Its a smartphone game. It'll be great fun when im bored. Waiting for my wife to finish shopping? Play the ff7 compilation. Can't sleep? Put in my galaxy buds and play. It'll be really cool to see a new interpretation of the original collection that isn't affected by the new game. 

I just hope they do it well.

I do the majority of my gaming on mobile now... this is actually more exciting to me than the standard remake which I still haven't played. Once I get more mobile and can sit at my computer desk I plan on making a thread about high quality mobile games.

Nothing is more consistently disappointing to me than mobile gaming. So many good ideas squandered by awful monetization, so many games ruined by bad controls, so few games support gamepads, yet at the same time, so many seem like they were not designed with touch screens in mind. A lot of them might be interesting to me if they were just games, but then I see the auto battle button and feeding characters to other characters to level them up and 5 star heroes and stamina and oh my godddddd.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Nothing is more consistently disappointing to me than mobile gaming. So many good ideas squandered by awful monetization, so many games ruined by bad controls, so few games support gamepads, yet at the same time, so many seem like they were not designed with touch screens in mind. A lot of them might be interesting to me if they were just games, but then I see the auto battle button and feeding characters to other characters to level them up and 5 star heroes and stamina and oh my godddddd.

This perfectly sums up my feelings on mobile gaming.

On 2/28/2021 at 10:48 PM, Xbob42 said:

I could see a traditional turn based JRPG working well on mobile though. Move around the overworld via point-and-click and you can just click on characters/shops.etc to interact with them. The battle menus would also be fine as point-and-click since scrolling through the menus with a d-pad was never that great anyhow.

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...