Super Bowl LV | Will Brady Pay the Patrick Price? | February 7 - 6:30 pm est

Keyser_Soze

spacer.png

Kansas City Chiefs Kansas City Chiefs (14-2)    Location: Raymond James Stadium | Tampa, FL
Date: February 7 - 6:30 pm est
Network: CBS
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Tampa Bay Buccaneers (11-5)   

Special Halftime show: The Weeknd!

We've got a player who has played in nearly 1/5th of all Super Bowls against a player who just won his first Super Bowl last year. Should be interesting!

I was hoping for the Bills to go.  The Woman has family from the Buffalo area so for their sake I was rooting for them.  Now I have not rooting interest in the Super Bowl (outside of the MGT).  Another year another "for the commercials" Super Bowl in this house.

I think it's crazy that for me and all my friends growing up Brady was (and still is) the golden QB. 

Dude has been killing it for two decades. Not a huge fan of some of the stories surrounding him and the Patriots taking any angle they can to win, but with those isolated incidents aside it's still impressive. And this is from a Titans fan. I really want to see Mahomes step up because he's already one Super Bowl deep and seeing as Brady will be the bar for Mahomes this game means more for Mahomes than it does for Brady in my view.

So it seems Andy Reid’s son may have hit a stranded motorist while DUIing, leaving a small child in a fight for her life. The younger Reid is an assistant coach on the Chiefs, so definitely a distraction heading into the big game for the Andy. But guy is a pro.

Hoping the little girl recovers

4 hours ago, sblfilms said:

So it seems Andy Reid’s son may have hit a stranded motorist while DUIing, leaving a small child in a fight for her life. The younger Reid is an assistant coach on the Chiefs, so definitely a distraction heading into the big game for the Andy. But guy is a pro.

The Personal Life section is, uh, something else.

9 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Ariel’s mother had driven the Traverse to the I-435 ramp to help her cousin who had run out of gas, Verhulst said. 

“Her mother is a single mom of 3, she will be in the hospital for the foreseeable future, this is set up for the hospital bills and weeks of missed work she will have,” Verhulst wrote. 

Ariel.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1200
WWW.GOOGLE.COM

More than $55,000 has been collected for a severely injured 5-year-old girl who was severely injured in a Missouri car crash involving Kansas City Chiefs Assistant Coach Britt Reid. “Ariel who

54435478_1612677238720391_r.jpeg
WWW.GOFUNDME.COM

https://www.kctv5.com/news/local_news/child-hurt-in-crash-involvi… Tiffany Verhulst needs your support for Ariel(5yrs) critically hurt in suspected DUI crash

18 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

The Personal Life section is, uh, something else.

In 2007, Britt was sentenced to 8 to 23 months in jail alongside his brother Garrett for running a "drug emporium" from their home.

Reid was involved in a road rage incident in 2007 where he pointed a gun at another man's face. A lawsuit was eventually settled out of court for an undisclosed sum in 2014.

Reid was involved in a multi-vehicle crash on February 4, 2021 that injured two young children near the team's training complex, just a few days before Super Bowl LV. Reid admitted to officers he had consumed 2 to 3 drinks earlier in the evening and was on Adderall, a prescription medication.

According to the search warrant, a computer check performed by police revealed Reid has had "multiple prior DUI contacts." The police sought and received a judge's permission to collect blood from Reid to assist with their investigation.

So he’s kinda garbage and it seems like Andy employs him to keep him out of trouble. 

13 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

America the Beautiful is just objectively a better song than our national anthem.

I've long since thought it should be our National Anthem. Star-Spangled Banner is fine, but musically and lyrically, America the Beautiful is the superior song.

That rendition was also great as I've not heard many guitar-focused ones.

Just now, SaysWho? said:

I've long since thought it should be our National Anthem. Star-Spangled Banner is fine, but musically and lyrically, America the Beautiful is the superior song.

The Ray Charles version should be the anthem.

28 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

America the Beautiful is just objectively a better song than our national anthem.

14 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

America the Beautiful is such a superior song in just about every respect to the bombastic nonsense that is the Star-Spangled Banner.