Rumour HBO Max to reboot Batman: The Animated Series

silentbob

5 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Without Bruce Tim, Paul Dinni, Andrea Romano, and Kevin Conroy it would be a shell of its original version. 

And even with Timm and Dini who's to say they're still able to put out quality stories? It was Bruce Timm who thought of the idea of Batgirl boning Batman in the opening story for the animated movie for The Killing Joke after all (an idea that he's had since Batman Beyond apparently...yuck). 

7 hours ago, Brick said:

And even with Timm and Dini who's to say they're still able to put out quality stories? It was Bruce Timm who thought of the idea of Batgirl boning Batman in the opening story for the animated movie for The Killing Joke after all (an idea that he's had since Batman Beyond apparently...yuck). 

I think they actually “dated” in the New Adventures of Batman and Robin (BTAS season 4). Though I could be remembering it wrong, and it was a flashback from Batman Beyond. 

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

Switch Spider Man and X-Men and I'd be there with you.

I actually thought the same until I began rewatching them on D+. It’s certainly SUPER close, but Fox SM was practically creating an animated Marvel universe before it was cool - in the first 30 or so eps, not only do you get tons of SM villains and storylines, but you also get Morbius, Blade, The Punisher, an X-Men crossover, Dr. Strange, Daredevil, Dormammu, SHIELD, etc. It also goes on to have the Fantastic 4, Iron Man, War Machine, The Red Skull, Captain America, Tombstone, The Six American Warriors, and more... and it somehow never feels crowded. 

Spectacular Spider-Man-Man was a fan fucking fantastic show and needs more episode. I thought the voice acting was spot on, with some great action sets with call crack scenes to popular spidey covers. Plus like the love for Bruce Timm for his work in the DC world, gotta include Greg Weisman in that pantheon of great storytellers. From Gargoyles, Spectacular Spider-Man and Young Justice. The newest iteration of Spider-Man isn’t bad either on Disney XD. 

The best thing about Spectacular Spider-Man to me was they did Eddie Brock/Venom PERFECTLY. Like whatever complaints you can have about Venom normally (he's just edgy Spider-Man, he just hates Peter for doing his job, etc.) are kind of moot here because they properly set up Eddie and Peter's relationship, and how Peter fucks it up. If I were in charge of a Spider-Man trilogy of movies (or games I guess), I'd take a page from this cartoon to properly set up Venom. 

41 minutes ago, Brick said:

The best thing about Spectacular Spider-Man to me was they did Eddie Brock/Venom PERFECTLY. Like whatever complaints you can have about Venom normally (he's just edgy Spider-Man, he just hates Peter for doing his job, etc.) are kind of moot here because they properly set up Eddie and Peter's relationship, and how Peter fucks it up. If I were in charge of a Spider-Man trilogy of movies (or games I guess), I'd take a page from this cartoon to properly set up Venom. 

sadly we probably won’t get that setup because they will just merge Sony’s Venom and Morbius movies into the Marvel Universe (which is hinted at several times) Although a Venom/Spider-Man team up against Carnage 

3 hours ago, Brick said:

Even better I love how the show takes the care to do this with every character.  From Peter, his friends, and his enemies, all arcs get a setup.  And one of my favorite aspects is how the show handles the criminal enterprises vying against Spider-Man as well as each other.  How the bad guys stay or become bad guys is very Batman TAS-esque. 

The humor and banter is also spot on.