It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia season 16 is airing!

53 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm nowhere near up to date but I know Glenn Howerton has only been a sporadic guest star recently, right? Are they continuing for these four extra seasons with that setup, and has it held up under that setup?

That was only for one season, and he was still in more than half the episodes for that season (this was due to him wanting time away from the show to do other things, like A.P. Bio, which affected his schedule with It's Always Sunny when he said yes to A.P. Bio). He was in every episode (or nearly so) in the last few season (I am up to date on the show). I guess Howerton got some cold feet since A.P. Bio has always been on the bubble for cancellation (and is no longer a network TV show) so Howerton has figured out a way to do both with scheduling. The last few seasons may be some of the best the show has done, so I'm all for more if they keep firing on all cylinders.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I'm nowhere near up to date but I know Glenn Howerton has only been a sporadic guest star recently, right? Are they continuing for these four extra seasons with that setup, and has it held up under that setup?

As greatoneshere said, he's in all new episodes now, it was just half the episodes in one season. And the last season was one of their best.

• GeneticBlueprint changed the title to It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia renewed for 4 more seasons - UPDATE: Season 15 Trailer
  • 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

My wife and I just watched the first two episodes, both of which we thought were pretty funny. Some classic lines already. All the incorporated news footage of the gang in the first episode was particularly amusing. And the second will be obvious why it was great once you see it. Anyone else watching?

I'm catching up, on season 13 right now after randomly drifting away from it for a while. I'm not sure if I skipped a couple of seasons somewhere in the middle but got somewhere Hulu said I'd watched and that I kinda-sorta remembered seeing and went from there.

I can't remember if I was torrenting it as it came out or catching up on Netflix or what but this is one of the really shitty things with things constantly rotating around between services, if you step away for a while and the show you were watching rotates services it can be a fucking bitch trying to figure out where you were since you lose your viewing history when it jumps services.

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

My wife and I just watched the first two episodes, both of which we thought were pretty funny. Some classic lines already. All the incorporated news footage of the gang in the first episode was particularly amusing. And the second will be obvious why it was great once you see it. Anyone else watching?

I loved them. They managed to navigate the new PC climate while still maintaining their own 'brand' of humor. I did have a few laugh out loud moments, but maintained a smile throughout both episodes. 

The news footage montage bit with Kanye West playing was great. 

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Derek said:

I can't believe it's over already. Entire season in a month lol. Some real feels towards the end of the finale. Really enjoyed it.

Yeah, I hadn't been keeping up with the most recent seasons but saw all of this one and was quite impressed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I didn't even realize but season 16 started airing this month! Two episodes dropped on June 7th and one each week since, with four so far of the eight episodes total out. Anyone else watching? Show has still got it, and seeing the cast continue to get older but behave in ridiculous ways has only made things stranger/sadder/funnier. First four episodes were strong overall (except the first which was kind of meh) but the show is still garnering laughs. If someone could update the OP to reflect this is about season 16 now that'd be great. @CitizenVectron

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• CitizenVectron changed the title to It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia season 16 is airing!
13 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I didn't even realize but season 16 started airing this month! Two episodes dropped on June 7th and one each week since, with four so far of the eight episodes total out. Anyone else watching? Show has still got it, and seeing the cast continue to get older but behave in ridiculous ways has only made things stranger/sadder/funnier. First four episodes were strong overall (except the first which was kind of meh) but the show is still garnering laughs. If someone could update the OP to reflect this is about season 16 now that'd be great. @CitizenVectron

I thought they were hilarious. I usually watch them Saturday evenings with no kids and a few drinks, so I probably enjoy them more than I normally would. 

I still thinking dropping two episodes a week for four weeks is a really weird release schedule.

Watched the first episode, which I apparently liked more than @Greatoneshere. Apparently they got a lot of writers back from some of their peak seasons, and the IASIP subreddit thinks doing the podcast where they're watching old episodes every week probably helped them out.

20 minutes ago, Derek said:

I thought they were hilarious. I usually watch them Saturday evenings with no kids and a few drinks, so I probably enjoy them more than I normally would. 

The SINNED system was a pretty great reverse of the DENNIS system. :lol:

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

I still thinking dropping two episodes a week for four weeks is a really weird release schedule.

Watched the first episode, which I apparently liked more than @Greatoneshere. Apparently they got a lot of writers back from some of their peak seasons, and the IASIP subreddit thinks doing the podcast where they're watching old episodes every week probably helped them out.

As a regular viewer of the podcast, I already see ideas from the podcast in these first four episodes, so it has definitely helped them out. Also, releasing two episodes per week was just for last season. Other than the premiere for this season where they did drop two episodes, they've only been dropping one a week since. They did get back Rob Rosell for season 15 (who is now back for season 16), one part of the great writing duo Scott Marder & Rob Rosell who were responsible for some of the best episodes from classic Sunny, but he was back last season too, not just now back for season 16, but it helps!

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Good thing they’re not doing that then. :p 

Just the season premiere was two episodes, the past two weeks have been single releases since.

56 minutes ago, Jason said:

you spoiled SINNED for me :sadsun: but holy shit that ending more than makes everything okay :rofl:

Hey now I warned I was talking about the first four episodes ahead of time in my first post bumping the thread! :p But yeah that ending got me too. :lol: Episode 5 was another solid episode with some great guest stars (I won't spoil who they are @Jason).  

2 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Hey now I warned I was talking about the first four episodes ahead of time in my first post bumping the thread! :p But yeah that ending got me too. :lol: Episode 5 was another solid episode with some great guest stars (I won't spoil who they are @Jason).  

new content line bro

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...