Our long national nightmare has finally come to an end...

On 12/3/2020 at 3:39 PM, CayceG said:
WWW.THEAWL.COM

What the McRib says about us as a society is worse than any conspiracy theoryby Willy StaleyOne of McDonald’s most divisive products, the McRib, made its return last week. For three decades, the sandwich has come in ...

Relevant.

Also:

khohzwlhudm9lxzlplmh.jpg
DEADSPIN.COM

You are a North American, and probably a male, and so you like bacon. Bacon good, you say, making that Tim Allen caveman face: Me like bacon. Me not want to eat unbacon food. Bacon make food better. Me put bacon on burger, in chocolate, around scallop. Me brush teeth with bacon toothpaste. Me make love to wife with bacon dick. Me like bacon!

On 12/9/2020 at 4:54 PM, Jason said:

Also:

khohzwlhudm9lxzlplmh.jpg
DEADSPIN.COM

You are a North American, and probably a male, and so you like bacon. Bacon good, you say, making that Tim Allen caveman face: Me like bacon. Me not want to eat unbacon food. Bacon make food better. Me put bacon on burger, in chocolate, around scallop. Me brush...

I partly agree, but not fully. Bacon is a good meat if you need to add salt (and possibly crisp) to a meal. It's great on BLT because it counters the tomato's acidity. But is it necessary on a burger? Imo, not really.

I like bacon but it doesn’t always love me back. I like it on baked potatoes, sandwiches/burgers and in a nice broccoli salad. Eating it by itself I can do a few strips before it becomes too much for me. Actual had some some Cnd Back bacon tonight but after my third piece I was done with it. Although that fatiness of the bacon helped reignite my weed high that was starting to dwindle down. Actually most creamy/fatty food tends to do that for me.  

Having gone mostly plant-based for the last few years, I don't really get the appeal of bacon anymore. It's just a salt/umami bomb. I think it can be good, as CV said, as a counteract to tomatoes and/or citrus, but I don't think it's necessary or even desirable in a lot of things.

Honestly, my favorite way of eating bacon is just by straight snacking on pieces of bacon. I don't want it on my sandwiches, or in my burgers, or whatever. I just want to eat it like beef jerky.