Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

1 minute ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Good, this new presidential fitness challenge is really keeping my heart rate up! 

I purposely attempt fart drive-bys at the gym to anyone wearing a Trump shirt/hat. If you need help producing that much flatulence, I can recommend a few pre-workouts which should get it going.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

When are we supposed to start hearing from PA again?  I know the numbers say otherwise but it's starting to feel more and more like everything is riding on PA

Az and GA were always considered toss-ups -  it really always was riding on PA. 

Rundown of when we can expect results from Nathaniel Rakich at 538:

"Good morning, early birds! Overnight, both Georgia and Arizona tightened some but are still led by Trump and Biden, respectively. While we aren’t expecting to get our next update from Maricopa County in Arizona until 9 p.m. tonight, Georgia is expected to finish counting its remaining 25,000 ballots today. Elsewhere, Nevada will announce more results starting at noon Eastern, and we continue to get results at a steady pace in Pennsylvania — which may be Biden’s best chance to end this race."

26 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Good, this new presidential fitness challenge is really keeping my heart rate up! 

23 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I purposely attempt fart drive-bys at the gym to anyone wearing a Trump shirt/hat. If you need help producing that much flatulence, I can recommend a few pre-workouts which should get it going.

More heartbeat shit, but in a good way:

Still, RAZOR close. I guess I should be happy Georgia of all states is close. The efforts in Georgia I hope finally pay off.

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Still, RAZOR close. I guess I should be happy Georgia of all states is close. The efforts in Georgia I hope finally pay off.

so what percentage of the 50K left does Biden need to win to make up the delta? 

19 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

using the finger and toes method: 

Biden currently has 2,413,999

Trump currently 2,432,097

if Biden wins  70% of the remaining 50K

Biden - 2,448,999

Trump - 2,447,097 

thats a big margin needed to hold. :nervous:

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

This is where journalists need to be careful with their verbiage- those ballots aren't 'coming from' anywhere, they are already there. Just gives a little more fuel to all the morons who think ballots are still being collected.

Just now, Chris- said:

This is where journalists need to be careful with their verbiage- those ballots aren't 'coming from' anywhere, they are already there. Just gives a little more fuel to all the morons who think ballots are still being collected.

John King has been great at explaining this. One time he accidentally said "missing" ballots, and then he stopped and explained calmly that they need to use better terminology. The ballots aren't missing, or aren't appearing, they are simply uncounted. He equated it to a stack of bills you get in the mail. Maybe you get home, start going through the envelopes, but get too tired and go to bed. Those bills on the counter are still going to be there in the morning, uncounted, and were delivered on-time.

2 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Not a bad point!

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

What an excellent timeline.

So that explains florida, and elsewhere someone posted how Trump's campaign reaches out to Evangelical latinos so that helps explain a lot of texas but there's still the complete misses in Senate and district polling that hasn't been adequately explained

I think people should probably only rely on polling to the extent that it shows a general picture, or large swings in opinion. Anything with 10% just shouldn't be trusted based on the last few election cycles. Yes, sometimes the pollsters get it pretty close, that is true. But if we are seeing these 3-5% errors a lot of the time, there is no use in putting faith in them for the extremely partisan and divided US races where the results are often within 1-3%.