Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

1 minute ago, Jose said:

I can't believe it! It's almost as though winning the Iowa caucus is meaningless except for the resulting media narrative. Who knew? Other than FUCKING EVERYBODY?!

Pete is not the confirmed winner, as there are numerous data issues as we've all discussed at length.

Didn't stop CNN and other media outlets (not the AP) from calling Pete the winner though

Just now, Jose said:

He outperformed the polls. He would have been hyped up regardless.

Still different from being called the winner, considering there's always a strong effect of people wanting to be able to say they voted for the winner. 

3 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

It doesn't matter. Unless Buttigieg can pull his minority numbers up, he's not a threat to Sanders since Buttigieg is pulling moderate votes away from an actual threat.

Yeah, right now he's the 4th most likely still.

If he wins NH though, shit gon' hit the fan.

If Bernie gets the nom, anyone have thoughts on who he’ll pick for a VP?

I think a woman is given, but don’t know if he can go progressive and double down. But he’s also pretty far left (in the party) so I’m not sure a moderate will be on board with him.

3 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

I think a woman is given, but don’t know if he can go progressive and double down. But he’s also pretty far left (in the party) so I’m not sure a moderate will be on board with him.

We talk about her way too much, but man Abrams would be a pick I love.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Bernie's fault

So you're saying that when caucuses were discussed at the unity reform commission Bernie's people didn't insist on keeping them? Because that did happen.  Saying the dnc has no control isn't exactly right either; the dnc doesn't have to accept results of a contest if that contest doesn't play by their rules. They've done it before. They did it several times in the 2008 primary.

7 hours ago, Jose said:

I can't believe it! It's almost as though winning the Iowa caucus is meaningless except for the resulting media narrative. Who knew? Other than FUCKING EVERYBODY?!

Bernie knew, that's why his team wanted to game the system so Bernie could declare victory even if he didn't win in the delegate count. It didn't work though and everyone who was preparing their "Bernie won Iowa" narrative appears to be running it anyway.

10 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Has anyone talked about the fact that turnout in Iowa was actually pretty lackluster?  I’d say that’s the biggest story coming out of this.  That’s way more concerning than anything else.  Low turnout will lose the election for the Dems no matter who the nominee is.

"According to an entrance poll by the Washington Post, people aged 17 to 29 accounted for 24 percent of total Iowa Democratic caucus-goers in 2020. That’s up from 18 percent in 2016, and far exceeds the 12 percent of Republican attendees from that same age group from that same year. Combine that with the 21 percent of Democratic caucus-goers aged 30 to 44, and you’ll get a comprehensive view of both millennials and Generation Z, who comprise the largest bloc of potential voters that are becoming increasingly mobilized at the polls. In the 2018 midterm election, 36 percent of people aged 18 to 29 cast their ballots, a 16-percent increase from the 20 percent who voted in the 2014 midterm election."

http://www.mtv.com/news/3155194/iowa-caucus-2020-young-voters/

54 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Bernie knew, that's why his team wanted to game the system so Bernie could declare victory even if he didn't win in the delegate count. It didn't work though and everyone who was preparing their "Bernie won Iowa" narrative appears to be running it anyway.

I'm going to need to borrow your tin foil hat so I can properly read this post. 

8 hours ago, osxmatt said:

Sanders/Gabbard 2020 :p

Campaign slogan: “Populism FTW”

1 hour ago, Anathema- said:

So you're saying that when caucuses were discussed at the unity reform commission Bernie's people didn't insist on keeping them? Because that did happen.  Saying the dnc has no control isn't exactly right either; the dnc doesn't have to accept results of a contest if that contest doesn't play by their rules. They've done it before. They did it several times in the 2008 primary.

Literally held a gun to Iowa's head told them to caucus

2 hours ago, Anathema- said:

source where Bernie's people insisted on keeping caucuses?