10 Single Player Games to Return to In 2024

What's crazy is I've played and own 8 of these and beat 7 of them. I also played and beat BOTH of the bonus games. Pretty sure I beat Spec Ops on a gamefly rental, not sure if I kept it. It's going up on Ebay if so. Alpha Protocol is a game with so much potential... to bad it was a broken buggy mess. 

• Halal 1

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

What's crazy is I've played and own 8 of these and beat 7 of them. I also played and beat BOTH of the bonus games. Pretty sure I beat Spec Ops on a gamefly rental, not sure if I kept it. It's going up on Ebay if so. Alpha Protocol is a game with so much potential... to bad it was a broken buggy mess. 

Anyway you can list the games instead of watching the vid?

14 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Anyway you can list the games instead of watching the vid?

Really? The list has chapter breaks and you could just skip to each one to see which games are there.

10. Days Gone

9. Quantum Break

8. Warhammer 40k Space Marine

7. Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen

6. Ass. Creed Unity

5. Spider Man Web of Shadows

4. Deus Ex Mankind Divided

3. Divinty Original Sin 2

2. The Last Guardian

1. Alpha Protocol

Bonus games:

Spec Ops The Line

Watchdogs

And played 7 of the 10 on the list and beat 6 of them. Never played Ass. Creed Unity, Spiderman Web of Shadows or The Last Guardian. I think I may own Last Guardian from PS+ but I have to check. Might have Unity from Xbox Gold as well.

• Thanks 1

I beat 7/12 of those - Of the 5 I didn’t beat I would be more likely to play BG3 than DOS2, DD2 than DD1, and probably Space Marine 2 at this point since the original is so old. Though if I got hyped closer to SM2 I could potentially play the original first.

That leaves Days Gone which I have some progress in and is indeed on my list to get back to! I am also interested in Web of Shadows but idk if there is a pc port.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Really? I wonder why that is... did they ever do a Remaster for that one? Also 30fps is fine as far as I'm concerned.

No remaster either. Yea, 30 is fine with me too. 

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I've only beat one of those (Dragon's Dogma obviously) and own six. DOS2 is kind of a big ask. And Quantum Break I never finished though I would like to go back to it.

In your honest opinion in DD2 better than part 1?

35 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I think they say in the video there is. In fact I think most of these games are on. P.C. or were at some point before being delisted.

Ah looks like it’s abandonware now. Which means it’s easy to find and free at least. Getting it to run on deck might be a fun project!

15 minutes ago, best3444 said:

In your honest opinion in DD2 better than part 1?

I haven't finished DD2 yet, heck I haven't gotten to the second area yet either, so I can't really say without a doubt it is. I do recognize some of the criticisms with the game in comparison to the first one like some of the vocations being better, but I think I enjoy the second one more, it just seemed more refined in a lot of ways and was pretty much what I expected for the better.

A lot of gripes about it being too easy and things like that, keep in mind DDDA added a lot of content to the game over the original. It added Bitterblack Isle, it added new enemies, it added new skills and equipment, re-balanced gameplay, added the eternal ferrystone so you could fast travel as much as you want. It was actually insane how much the game changed. So I could imagine that happening to Dragon's Dogma 2 and a lot of the gripes people have with the game will probably be fixed. I'm fine with it as it is right now minus the performance and I probably would be content playing it with just the performance patch.

If the steam forums are anything to be believed this game was only made with a team of 492 people or something like that, which is pretty small compared to what a lot of AAA studios are doing these days, so I hope they work hard, stay busy and bring us a lot of good content for the game. 👍

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I haven't finished DD2 yet, heck I haven't gotten to the second area yet either, so I can't really say without a doubt it is. I do recognize some of the criticisms with the game in comparison to the first one like some of the vocations being better, but I think I enjoy the second one more, it just seemed more refined in a lot of ways and was pretty much what I expected for the better.

A lot of gripes about it being too easy and things like that, keep in mind DDDA added a lot of content to the game over the original. It added Bitterblack Isle, it added new enemies, it added new skills and equipment, re-balanced gameplay, added the eternal ferrystone so you could fast travel as much as you want. It was actually insane how much the game changed. So I could imagine that happening to Dragon's Dogma 2 and a lot of the gripes people have with the game will probably be fixed. I'm fine with it as it is right now minus the performance and I probably would be content playing it with just the performance patch.

If the steam forums are anything to be believed this game was only made with a team of 492 people or something like that, which is pretty small compared to what a lot of AAA studios are doing these days, so I hope they work hard, stay busy and bring us a lot of good content for the game. 👍

Ok. Yea, I really enjoy DD2 but was curious in what you thought. Get to the second area because it's not only cool there it's more challenging. 

I’ve played and finished Alpha Protocol, Days Gone, Dragon’s Dogma, The Last Guardian and Spider-Man: Web of Shadows.

I’ve played but didn’t like Assassin’s Creed: Unity, Divinity: Original Sin II and Watch Dogs.

I own but haven’t played Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Spec Ops: The Line.

I have no interest in Quantum Break or Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine.

11 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

10. Days Gone

9. Quantum Break

6. Ass. Creed Unity

2. The Last Guardian

1. Alpha Protocol

Bonus games:

Spec Ops The Line

Watchdogs

I find this to be a bad list overall.

:shrug:

Not that I have a good list to counter it.

12 hours ago, legend said:

Deus Ex MD is awesome. It's a fucking crime we're not going to get more.

The graphics still hold up and it’ll still bring most rigs to its knees at 4k (because there’s no DLSS in the game :p )

Deus-Ex-MKD-2.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/7/2024 at 12:47 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

10. Days Gone

9. Quantum Break

6. Ass. Creed Unity

2. The Last Guardian

1. Alpha Protocol

Bonus games:

Spec Ops The Line

Watchdogs

I see this list of 10 games I should go back to, and raise it one list of 250 games I own but still haven't played yet.

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1