Final Fantasy XVI – Information Thread, update: PC version in "final stages of optimization', pre-release demo planned

Pikachu

Just now, Bacon said:

I mean, aside from the statue it has really nothing. And pretty much every modern CE is shit and this one is no different. It had a chance of being good by being different but is is literally the most basic they could get away. 

At least it actually includes the game, unlike the Diablo IV one!

• True 2

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

I mean, aside from the statue it has really nothing. And pretty much every modern CE is shit and this one is no different. It had a chance of being good by being different but is is literally the most basic they could get away. 

If your position is that other collectors editions are also shit, then we're probably on the same page :p 

• Halal 2

On 11/16/2022 at 3:36 PM, Bacon said:

I was thinking, if there is a CE the comes out, I'd get it. But now I was thinking, I don't really care about character statues anymore. And you know that will be part of the CE, a Clive or Ifrit statue. Unless it is of some big booba chick, I don't think I'll care. I love when CEs have a bunch of unique stuff. Like, one I got game with a titty mouse pad, an anime pillow case, an erotic selection of the sound track, and a wash cloth totally no meant to clean up splooge. The persona 4 golden came with a case and vita decals and other stuff. Persona 5 came with a school bag, a plush toy and some other stuff.

I like that kind of stuff. I'd actually love a plushie over any kind of boring plastic statue. No, not of the dog. That's boring. A plush of Ifrit would be cool. I loved plushies when I was a kid. I still own a plush Tonberry, Cactuar, Shy guy, Rathalos, Scumbag (Bastion), Vash the Stampede, Morgana, and maybe other I am forgetting.

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

FFXVI_MediaKit_00-g6xho358y.jpeg?quality
WWW.SQUARE-ENIX-GAMES.COM

Find out when the highly anticipated next entry in the FINAL FANTASY series releases for PS5, and how you can get it.

Available exclusively from the Square Enix Store starting Monday, December 12 at 6pm PST / 6pm GMT, the FINAL FANTASY XVI Collector’s Edition is packed full of amazing items that make it a must-buy for any fan of the series. Included in this bumper package is:

• Collector’s Box - A beautiful metallic-sheen box that features beautiful artwork by legendary FINAL FANTASY series illustrator, Yoshitaka Amano
  • The full game - includes the base game box, which features stunning reversible cover art
  • Premium Statue: Phoenix vs Ifrit - an exquisitely crafted figurine that depicts the battling figures of two key Eikons: Phoenix and Ifrit
  • Metal Eikon Pin Collection - a premium metal pin collection featuring eight Eikons
  • Special Clive Rosfield SteelBook Case - a beautiful metal case for the game that features art of the main character, Clive
  • Cloth World Map of Valisthea - this printed cloth represents the map of Valisthea, where the story unfolds
  • Blood Sword (Weapon) DLC - the fabled scarlet steel of Firion, hero of Final Fantasy II

Pre-order this version of the game from the Square Enix Store, and you’ll also get the following bonus items:

• FINAL FANTASY XVI Pre-Order SteelBook Case
  • The Realms of Valisthea Wall Banners (6 inch height printed cloth banners)
  • Digital Mini Artbook
  • Digital Mini Soundtrack
  • Scholar’s Spectacles in-game item - an accessory that boosts Exp

Quantities of the Collector’s Edition are limited, so if you want this edition, will all the cool extras, we recommend you pre-order ASAP to avoid disappointment.

STORE.PLAYSTATION.COM

The legacy of the crystals has shaped our history for long enough.

STORE.PLAYSTATION.COM

The legacy of the crystals has shaped our history for long enough.

Really weird they are charging 100 bucks for the physical deluxe edition and yet it comes with none of the digital deluxe items. You are just paying 30 extra bucks for a steel case and a tiny ass map that is exclusive to the SE store and not promised to every copy of the physical deluxe edition. 

Anyone who complains about FF15's combat must also not like FF7 Remake's combat. I played the Royal Edition on PC, and in that you can swap between four characters on the fly who all have different gameplay fighting styles. FF7 Remake is simply an expansion of the exact same thing. I enjoyed 15's combat. Not saying I need it for 16 though.

:shrug:

5 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Anyone who complains about FF15's combat must also not like FF7 Remake's combat. I played the Royal Edition on PC, and in that you can swap between four characters on the fly who all have different gameplay fighting styles. FF7 Remake is simply an expansion of the exact same thing. I enjoyed 15's combat. Not saying I need it for 16 though.

:shrug:

I have only played the Demo for FF7R, but I don't recall the "hold" mechanics. That is what is really bad.

Just now, Greatoneshere said:

I follow you so far - what's the issue with this?

It is boring. Imagine Dark Souls but you just hold R1 instead of "mashing" it. I want each melee attack to be a button press. Or a game like Dragon's Dogma, or DMC, or GoW. FF15's combat isn't just different, it is shit from what little I played of it. I feel a major lack of control with my character. 

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

It is boring. Imagine Dark Souls but you just hold R1 instead of "mashing" it. I want each melee attack to be a button press. Or a game like Dragon's Dogma, or DMC, or GoW. FF15's combat isn't just different, it is shit from what little I played of it. I feel a major lack of control with my character. 

Did you play it on the hardest difficulty? In no way was that game a cakewalk if you did the hard bosses or optional post game dungeons or DLC. No FF mainline story part of the game is hard. Boring? Okay, but that's subjective. My point was any FF7R fan can't per se hate FF15's combat, but you didn't play FF7R so to be fair you don't apply. 

3 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Did you play it on the hardest difficulty?

Only options I had were normal and easy so I played on normal. Anyway, I don't exactly play games for difficulty. Sure, I play hard games and I've even playing Mass Effect on Insanity, but only for the trophies. The issue isn't it being easy as I haven't gotten far at all. I've killed like one mini-boss and some standard enemies and it just feels like I'm not even doing anything. I feel more like the game is playing itself, and not in the good way like FF12's gambit system. That was neat. 

• Thanks 1

Jesus, holy shit. 

dddbac62967e5eb2a4d15ac8f0a0c4ca.jpg
STORE.NA.SQUARE-ENIX-GAMES.COM

This special set includes the FINAL FANTASY XVI Standard Edition game package and the beautifully designed collector's edition goods box which contains four collector's items that allow you to immerse yourself more deeply in the game world, and more!

aa094fe1c53225e627da655f4fb7e807.png

That is fucking absurd. 

Aaron Paul He Cant Keep Getting Away With This GIF by Breaking Bad

• Haha 1
  • True 1

43 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Jesus, holy shit. 

dddbac62967e5eb2a4d15ac8f0a0c4ca.jpg
STORE.NA.SQUARE-ENIX-GAMES.COM

This special set includes the FINAL FANTASY XVI Standard Edition game package and the beautifully designed collector's edition goods box which contains four collector's items that...

aa094fe1c53225e627da655f4fb7e807.png

That is fucking absurd. 

Aaron Paul He Cant Keep Getting Away With This GIF by Breaking Bad

At least comes with the actual game!

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

At least comes with the actual game!

While true, and I don't know how much the D4 one costs, you'd still be paying 280 bucks for some colored plastic and some shitty gamer pins that you could never wear because who wears fucking pins?

And like, while I get this was 11-12 years ago, this fuckin' shit only cost $150 and it comes with loads fuckin' more.

maxresdefault.jpg

I know it wouldn't be priced that way today but you are getting a lot, lot less for a lot, lot more. It isn't just inflation, it is a scam. 

• Halal 1

On 12/9/2022 at 10:26 PM, Greatoneshere said:

Did you play it on the hardest difficulty? In no way was that game a cakewalk if you did the hard bosses or optional post game dungeons or DLC. No FF mainline story part of the game is hard. Boring? Okay, but that's subjective. My point was any FF7R fan can't per se hate FF15's combat, but you didn't play FF7R so to be fair you don't apply. 

15 may be the basis of 7R’s combat, but 7R’s is far more dynamic, fun, and fast paced. It was tweaked a lot. They aren’t 1:1 at all.

3 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

15 may be the basis of 7R’s combat, but 7R’s is far more dynamic, fun, and fast paced. It was tweaked a lot. They aren’t 1:1 at all.

I didn't say it was 1:1, I said that it'd be bizarre to loathe 15's combat and love 7R's as they are not so dissimilar. Obviously 7R improved on 15's combat, it's a newer game building on 15's foundation.

22 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I didn't say it was 1:1, I said that it'd be bizarre to loathe 15's combat and love 7R's as they are not so dissimilar. Obviously 7R improved on 15's combat, it's a newer game building on 15's foundation.

I loathe a lot about FF15. Not saying the combat is terrible, but 7R is definitely greatly improved.

• True 1

On 12/15/2022 at 2:35 PM, Bacon said:

@Commissar SFLUFAN Wait a fuckin' minute. How in the world are you gonna give blizzard shit about not having the game when it is only 100 bucks? The grand total would still be much less than the price of the XVI CE!

We didn't know the price of the Diablo IV CE until a couple of days ago (when you made this post) so I just assumed that it would be ludicrous from the outset! :p

• 2 months later...

Rumor: preview embargo lifts this week.

Two Italian reviewers have stated that an important game's embargo will expire at the end of the month, and have hinted that it is FFXVI (preview). Obviously do not take this information as 100% certain, we will find out in the coming days. To avoid NDA problems I will avoid specifying who they are.

oCe9noM.jpeg