13 hours ago, stepee said:

How is the resolution on handheld? Does it look really blurry or no? I’m tempted to get this and play this weekend but I don’t have a deck yet and I only wanna play portable.

Didn't look blurry to me. I know it's not the most "highest resolution ever" but nothing I saw was distracting or overly obvious. 

I'm loving the game so far. 

But, one of my biggest issues with the game is it's new camera.

In the previous lego games the camera was almost overhead, so you could easily see a large area of the levels and find the collectables.

In this game, the camera is more like a 3rd person over-the-shoulder view, and the FOV is really tight. So it makes it takes more effort to look in every area, and make sure you've explored everything.

4 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Who said that?!?

No but honestly, it looks fine on Switch. Will it look sharper or...whatever on something more powerful? Sure. But make no mistake, it does NOT look bad on Switch. 

yeah 576p is actually pretty damn decent for what this game is still pushing on switch, this looks like a very impressive port job.

That said after seeing the comparison newer hardware does newer things no matter how good the port job and damn that is a huge difference on deck for a game I plan to play over a long period (off and on) with how much content it has. And then it’s $15 cheaper on pc right now, and then I can play docked mode at 4k/120 on pc. 

I really wanted to try to convince myself to get it on switch but I just can’t do it lol. I’m getting it on pc now and can play on tv and also stream to my phone until the deck gets here.

• Like 1
  • True 1

24 minutes ago, stepee said:

yeah 576p is actually pretty damn decent for what this game is still pushing on switch, this looks like a very impressive port job.

That said after seeing the comparison newer hardware does newer things no matter how good the port job and damn that is a huge difference on deck for a game I plan to play over a long period (off and on) with how much content it has. And then it’s $15 cheaper on pc right now, and then I can play docked mode at 4k/120 on pc. 

I really wanted to try to convince myself to get it on switch but I just can’t do it lol. I’m getting it on pc now and can play on tv and also stream to my phone until the deck gets here.

That's cool.

Okay yeah this is a lot of fun and has me smiling. It looks great on pc, Im glad I’ll be able to play it both ways eventually. Is the best way to play generally to play through the story then go back in free play for challenges and such? Or is it best to fully explore as you play the story for upgrades?

Jeeze it actually took me a few tries to win the pod race. While I hate to play through the best movies first, I can’t help but go in timeline order and start with the prequels. Crazy how big some of these areas are and this is done for every damn section from every movie? Hot damn. 

Guys, there are holiday special characters here! This has everything!

I like the hdr here also.

Also I don’t hate him like most people but especially in TT’s hands and as a lego character Jar Jar actually rules.

3 hours ago, stepee said:

Jeeze it actually took me a few tries to win the pod race. While I hate to play through the best movies first, I can’t help but go in timeline order and start with the prequels. Crazy how big some of these areas are and this is done for every damn section from every movie? Hot damn. 

Guys, there are holiday special characters here! This has everything!

I like the hdr here also.

Also I don’t hate him like most people but especially in TT’s hands and as a lego character Jar Jar actually rules.

That’s the only correct way to play. 1-9

• True 1

39 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

How approachable would this be for a beginner game age 7/8? Did the changes push the game towards more experienced gamers or is it still pretty approachable? Also is it still co-op?

Still coop, controls are a little more advanced but the gameplay is still really low stakes (I’ve yet to see a game over screen or anything of that nature; if you get beaten your character just comes back). 

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I would say besides some more advanced controls, just going through the story is probably even more well suited for young ones than ever. It seems more separated now where the challenge is in the optional content, much like a Kirby game.

17 minutes ago, stepee said:

kinda wish I got this on switch since I think my deck is going to be longer than I thought :( 

It’s really fun but it’s so the type of game I wanna play while watching tv in bed after work to relax.

What did you get it on?

Just now, Biggie said:

What did you get it on?

I got it on pc because I figured then I can play it on tv for 4k hdr and on handheld for relaxing fun when I got my deck.

It looks so good on pc (and I’m sure on ps5/xsx) and I adore hdr and Star Wars together period. Was just playing Coruscant in Episode 2 right now and smiling the whole time, so I wouldn’t want to miss out on this way either in reality.

Guess I just wish everything was cross save, I’d double buy it on switch right now and have it all. I want to do the story missions on tv and then go to bed and watch tv and level up stuff in free play.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Biggie said:

Anybody got this on Switch? How does it play in handheld mode?

I don’t think anyone here has but I watched some stuff when I was deciding which one and I thought it looked great. Performance looks mostly just locked to 30 and resolution is like 544p I think so it will be a little blurry but acceptable. Shadows and lighting seems to be the thing scaled down the most, the atmosphere can look a little flatter.

But overall it still looked fantastic for a switch game and everyone said it’s the best performing lego game yet on switch which is crazy considering the visual leap.

Also I bet the lightsabers and certain things really pop on the oled. I think you’d be super happy with it.