Dragon Quest XI S (XB/PS/PC) - Demo released

crispy4000

I still need to get to the Original, it’s sitting on my PS4. Maybe after I finish with AC:odyssey and Ghosts of Tsushima -and finish all the extras i want to finish in GoW- if I can do that before the band gets us back to work in September depending on this pandemic.

• Pikachu changed the title to Dragon Quest XI S (XB/PS/PC) - Information Thread
  • 1 month later...
  • crispy4000 changed the title to Dragon Quest XI S (XB/PS/PC) - Demo released
1 hour ago, stepee said:

PS4 pro and Xbox One X both run at 60fps now so the compromise was probably actually worth it for those consoles.

The One X version looks like the Switch (same lighting and geometry compromises) but optimized. Tree pop-in present on PS4 Pro non-existent on XBX. Its gonna fall into a weird slot. Runs better, looks worse in some regards but better in others?

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

Why can't Square Enix just be fucking normal.

What's even more Squeenix than Squeenix? Re-selling gamers a "definitive edition" on the same console as the original, better looking edition. Then making it a completely new stand-alone product and not an upgrade for those who originally bought it.

12 hours ago, Rev said:

So the Switch version has all these features? Maybe I should buy it on the Switch.

Never mind, looks like they still want 60$ for it.

Yeah. They took the DQ11 from PS4, downgraded it to run on Switch, but added a bunch of extra content. Then they ported this version to all the other consoles.

It reminds me of RE Code Veronica. When Capcom ported it from DC to PS2, they had to reduce the texture quality, but added more content. Then years later they ported the downgraded PS2 version as the "HD" re-release, even though it looked worse than the original.