SCOTUS Rules against Louisiana abortion restrictions.

4 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

YALL LIED AND SAID NOTHING BUT BAD RULINGS AFTER LGBTQ I CAN NEVER TRUST YOU AGAIN 

Just wait, knowing Roberts I'm sure this is cover for something like legal euthanasia of brown babies over some literal no-context reading of a Trump tweet.

3 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

YALL LIED AND SAID NOTHING BUT BAD RULINGS AFTER LGBTQ I CAN NEVER TRUST YOU AGAIN 

There's still the trump related stuff soon, and CJR seems to be on a "separation of powers" trip so oversight into the executive is going to be worse than the good things that have come out of this term.

4 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

There's still the trump related stuff soon, and CJR seems to be on a "separation of powers" trip so oversight into the executive is going to be worse than the good things that have come out of this term.

Meanwhile...is this the the Devil's Triangle Boof Kavanaugh was talking about? Because it sure fucking sounds like it.

Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), Tom Cotton (R-Ark.), and Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.)

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2020/06/graham-cotton-introduce-yet-another-attempt-to-torpedo-encryption/

Oh, the rage over in breitbarts comments must be heating up. I like to go troll them to reaffirm what horrible people they are now and then, when there are hot button topics. 

this morning it was ok to promote whit power because black people are promoting black power. Unironically pretending it was the same. 

27 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I'm absolutely shocked that these idiots don't know how encryption works.

I wouldn't put it past the GOP to try and pass a law stating that all data in the US needs to be stored as plain text. And just because they hate us, they would insist that the data be tab separated rather than comma-delineated CSV.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Oh, the rage over in breitbarts comments must be heating up. I like to go troll them to reaffirm what horrible people they are now and then, when there are hot button topics. 

this morning it was ok to promote whit power because black people are promoting black power. Unironically pretending it was the same. 

I also like to gawk at the comments sections on conservative news sites.

Are there any comments sections on major left-leaning news sources? What would be considered the Fox News comments section for liberals? Anyone have a good comparable?

I'm always stunned at how hateful and vile they are and how the number one media outlet in the entire country allows that garbage on their website. It's like you read the article, which speaks in coded and guarded language and then you get to the comments to just see the raw exposed Id of the conservative mind.

Fox knows what a dumpster fire it is. Even with heavy moderation to remove all the calls for murder and uses of the N-word, it's still a rancid pit of ignorant hate and lies. And they just let it go. They know what it is, what is has been and what it always will be and they are giving it the thumbs up and I still find that shocking.

7 minutes ago, ort said:

I also like to gawk at the comments sections on conservative news sites.

Are there any comments sections on major left-leaning news sources? What would be considered the Fox News comments section for liberals? Anyone have a good comparable?

I'm always stunned at how hateful and vile they are and how the number one media outlet in the entire country allows that garbage on their website. It's like you read the article, which speaks in coded and guarded language and then you get to the comments to just see the raw exposed Id of the conservative mind.

Fox knows what a dumpster fire it is. Even with heavy moderation to remove all the calls for murder and uses of the N-word, it's still a rancid pit of ignorant hate and lies. And they just let it go. They know what it is, what is has been and what it always will be and they are giving it the thumbs up and I still find that shocking.

Bro, all news sources are left leaning commies.  WaPo has them, they can be just as bad, but not nearly as many mouth breathing ragetards.  On the other hand this one from what i can tell isn't bad, mostly just mocking cons.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/courts_law/supreme-court-louisiana-abortion-law-john-roberts/2020/06/29/6f42067e-ba00-11ea-8cf5-9c1b8d7f84c6_story.html#comments-wrapper

The problem is it just feels like we're circling the drain where every new president can be a complete policy reversal on a dime.  Its only this way because congress is completely fucking useless without a clear majority with the desire to hold the executive accountable.

2 hours ago, osxmatt said:

If I am understanding this correctly (and I very well might not be), they are effectively saying that the establishment clause only applies to the federal government, and not to states? But...if that's the case, then isn't the argument that the entire US constitution doesn't apply to states?

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

If I am understanding this correctly (and I very well might not be), they are effectively saying that the establishment clause only applies to the federal government, and not to states? But...if that's the case, then isn't the argument that the entire US constitution doesn't apply to states?

They're selectively allowing incorporation of the bill of rights to state governments, the underlying goal is to reverse all gains since the civil war amendments that incorporate the federal protections and rights onto the states.