PC Gaming Show 2020 - Trailers Thread, updated with game descriptions from Steam/EGS

GAME.

OF.

THE.

SHOW.

Shadow Man (Steam Store)

He is coming, stalking criminals in the spirit world and the real world. A possessed man is coming, a voodoo mask in his chest and lines of power in his back. Shadow Man is coming, trailing evil from Liveside to Deadside. To stop an apocalypse. To save your soul

Blightbound (Steam Store)

Blightbound is a multiplayer dungeon crawler that tasks three heroes to venture down from their mountain refuge to face the abominations of the Blight - a mysterious and corrupting fog that enshrouds the land.

Explore handcrafted dungeons, fight a terrifying cadre of mystical and monstrous enemies, grab valuable loot and recover fallen heroes to expand your roster of available warriors. Each player will fulfill a specific role on the team - warrior, assassin, or mage - to overcome colossal bosses and solve clever puzzles.

Shadows of Doubt (Steam Store)

First-person detective stealth game set in a fully-simulated sci-fi noir city. There’s a serial killer on the loose, and it’s up to you to catch them by any means necessary: Sneak, tail, hide, hack and lock-pick. Just keep a low profile!

Shadows of Doubt is set in an alternate reality hyper-industrialized 1980s, where the government outsources police work to private corporations and contractors. You're a private intelligence investigator, making money by finding and selling information.

The capture of the rampant serial killer carries a hefty bounty, but who knows what secrets you’ll find along the way: Play through the main story thread, or take on side missions to earn extra cash.

Paradise Killer (Steam Store)

An island outside of reality. A rogue human civilization hoping to resurrect dead alien gods. A murder behind locked doors.

Paradise is an island that regenerates every few millennia. The psychic power that the alien worshipers within release into the universe is meant to feed and eventually resurrect their fallen deities. But this force also attracts undesired interest from demons, who eventually corrupt each island — until a new alternate reality is birthed by the Council.

The system isn’t perfect, but it will be one day — on Perfect 25, the next island-to-be. But on the eve of rebirth, the Council is murdered and Paradise is killed.

In the aftermath, the “investigation freak” Lady Love Dies is summoned from exile to find the culprit. This is the crime to end all crimes.

Haven (Steam Store)

Yu and Kay have escaped to a forgotten planet. Play the two lovers settling in an unknown world. Survive together, glide over the plains, camp, restore the planet, fight if you have to. All that matters is to stay together.

Trash Sailors (Steam Store)

Trash Sailors is a hand-drawn sailing action with co-op up to 4 players. Control the group of castaways by local or online multiplayer, and create the trashiest sailing team in history! Make your slapdash raft, fight with mutants, and trash your friendship!

Alaloth - Champions of The Four Kingdoms (Steam Store)

Set in a vibrant fantasy world created in collaboration with RPG veteran Chris Avellone, Alaloth offers fast-paced action with a deep narrative, bringing ARPG dynamics to a new level with a skill-based gameplay inspired by great classics and modern masterpieces.

Alaloth – Champions of The Four Kingdoms is a skill-driven ARPG game inspired by such classics as Baldur’s Gate and Pillars of Eternity. Set in a rich fantasy world, resembling the darkest period of the Middle Ages, the game offers fast-paced action with a deep narrative.

Weird West (Steam Store)

Survive and unveil the mysteries of the Weird West through the intertwined destinies of its unusual heroes in an immersive sim from the co-creators of Dishonored and Prey.

Discover a dark fantasy reimagining of the Wild West where lawmen and gunslingers share the frontier with fantastical creatures. Journey through the origin stories of a group of atypical heroes, written into legend by the decisions you make in an unforgiving land. Each journey is unique and tailored to the actions taken - a series of high stakes stories where everything counts and the world reacts to the choices you make. Form a posse or venture forth alone into an otherworldly confines of the Weird West and make each legend your own.

STORY OF SEASONS: Friends of Mineral Town (Steam Store)

Your farming life begins in Mineral Town, a charming village surrounded by nature. You've returned after many years to restore your late grandfather's farm to its former glory. Care for crops, livestock, and more as your very own story of seasons unfolds.

New World (Steam Store)

Fate has summoned you to the shores of Aeternum, the Eternal Isle. Overcome the brutal legions of The Corrupted and draw battle lines with competing players in this open world MMO fraught with danger and opportunity. In a land hell-bent on your destruction, what will you do to survive?

Twin Mirror (Epic Games Store)

Sam Higgs was done with Basswood, West Virginia, but it seems it wasn’t done with him. When the former investigative journalist returns to his hometown to say a final farewell to his best friend, it soon becomes clear that there are more chapters to be written in his troubled history.

Forced to confront his past, Sam finds himself torn between reconnecting with his loved ones and using his unique intellectual abilities to uncover the town’s dark secrets. But how do you know who to trust when you’re not even sure you can trust yourself?

Metal: Hellsinger (Steam Store)

Strike terror into the hearts of demons and devils as you fight your way through eight Hells. Metal: Hellsinger is a rhythm FPS, brimming with diabolical enemies, powerful weapons, and metal music. Set out on an infernal journey in order to achieve the purest of goals: Vengeance.

The Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet Of Chaos

Step into the wacky heroic fantasy universe of the Dungeon of Naheulbeuk. Lead a team of unlikely and clumsy heroes in an epic and challenging tactical RPG. Live an adventure filled with humor, surprises and silly encounters.

Red Sails (Steam Store)

Explore the desert aboard your sailboat, rescue stranded people on your way, bring them home, while looking for other members of your waning clan: the Red Sails.

Surgeon Simulator 2 (Epic Games Store)

Arriving later this year, Surgeon Simulator 2 injects a delirious dose of co-op fueled adrenaline straight into the heart of the original, cranking everything up to a whole new level. With all-new heart-in-your-mouth operations, 4-player co-op, and the bonafide Bossa Labs Creation Mode, get ready to explore an entire medical facility of wonder in this fully fleshed-out follow up!

The Last Campfire

The Last Campfire is an adventure, a story of a lost ember trapped in a puzzling place, searching for meaning and a way home.

Official Site

Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG/Simulator with MMO features and a story-driven walkthrough.

With each passing day the situation in the Norvinsk region grows more and more complicated. Incessant warfare in Tarkov has sparked massive panic; the local population has fled the city, but those who stayed are looking to improve their fortunes at the expense of others. Having accepted the new reality, savage Tarkov locals - "Scavs" flocked into well-armed gangs and started the redivision of the city. Nowadays, Tarkov is separated by unseen borders, controlled by different groups. Gain-greedy gunmen would go to any length to have their way, including the murder of civilians and direct confrontation with the two private military companies.

The players will have to experience living in the skin of one of the mercenaries who survived the initial stage of the Tarkov conflict. After choosing one of the sides – USEC or BEAR – the player’s character starts to make his way out of the city. Tarkov is sealed off by UN and Russian military, supply chains are cut, communication with operational command is lost, and in these conditions everyone has to make his own choices of what to do and how to get out of the chaos-ridden metropolis.

The Outlast Trials (Steam Store)

Set in the era of the Cold War, human guinea pigs are involuntarily recruited by the good folks at the Murkoff Corporation to test advanced methods of brainwashing and mind control. In a world of distrust, fear, and violence, your morals will be challenged, your endurance tested, and your sanity crushed. All in the name of progress, science, and profit.

Red Barrels invites you to experience mind-numbing terror, this time with friends. Work together and maybe you’ll survive The Outlast Trials. It’s always better to shit your pants in good company.

An immersive sim that's essentially "Thief with Guns"

Gloomwood (Steam Store)

Trapped in a dark, Victorian city consumed by an ancient curse, you must plan your survival and daring escape using nothing but stealth, an arsenal of eccentric weapons, and your wit in this haunting adventure inspired by the immersive sims and survival horror greats of the late 90s and early 2000s.

Gloomwood is a stealth horror FPS that follows your mysterious abduction to a forgotten, twisted Victorian metropolis in the midst of a horrifying transformation. Wield your canesword and take to the shadows as you uncover the accursed mystery hidden within the fog.

From the producers of DUSK, AMID EVIL and FAITH comes a frightening, gothic immersive sim that will have you explore haunted streets, dark tunnels and decadent mansions.

24 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Man people will bitch about anything these days.

Hey guys, don't go around having an opinion, Greatone gonna fuck you up!

I thought the game looked pretty damn good for the first trailer, animations were very nice but seemed a little slow. Then they gave us a 3,000 year long trailer of a dude fighting a boss from 100% HP until it was dead with no music or flair, just basic swings over and over and the occasional stone-move-thing. I appreciate the honesty or whatever, but it was kind of excruciating with no music and really gave you time to see just how slow and awkward a lot of the animations were, which is like make-or-break territory for Soulslikes.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Hey guys, don't go around having an opinion, Greatone gonna fuck you up!

I thought the game looked pretty damn good for the first trailer, animations were very nice but seemed a little slow. Then they gave us a 3,000 year long trailer of a dude fighting a boss from 100% HP until it was dead with no music or flair, just basic swings over and over and the occasional stone-move-thing. I appreciate the honesty or whatever, but it was kind of excruciating with no music and really gave you time to see just how slow and awkward a lot of the animations were, which is like make-or-break territory for Soulslikes.

It's not about having an opinion, I don't frequent the game board here too much though I have more frequently lately and it's a lot of cynical takes and criticisms that to me feel often very petty. Few video games are perfect yet people will find way more faults than positives. That doesn't mean we shouldn't be frank or honest, but to complain a boss fight looked lame by watching it in a gameplay trailer just seems silly. It's like when people complain about overly lit pre-release costume shoots for magazines for films to be released - everything looks a bit fake and lame out of context.

Like, you simply can't make many conclusions based on the trailer alone, and for many peoples' biggest takeaway is "potentially lame boss fight from watching it rather than playing it" then I think people have lost the forest for the trees.

• Thanks 1

The boss fight being potentially lame was the absolute least of my concerns. It was potentially bad combat. Bad feeling and overly slow attacks in this genre make for bad games. You only need to see a few fights to get an idea of how it feels to play, they're not exactly reinventing the wheel here. It is of course not exactly the same as playing for yourself, but usually it's perfectly adequate.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

probably the boss fight or what they showed couldnt have been more boring 

ezgif-4-b5c31346ef72rjk8z.gif

Dont know much about this game but if they are going for souls clone, then yea that looks like down right boring. Maybe they are trying for something else

10 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

The boss fight being potentially lame was the absolute least of my concerns. It was potentially bad combat. Bad feeling and overly slow attacks in this genre make for bad games. You only need to see a few fights to get an idea of how it feels to play, they're not exactly reinventing the wheel here. It is of course not exactly the same as playing for yourself, but usually it's perfectly adequate.

This is a much better take on the trailer than just saying the boss fight looks boring, so this is a bit different. Perhaps they are going for a realistic, weapons move slow and feel heavy-type combat system where blocks and parries and dodges are key, I don't know. I'm just saying people will find and latch on to the strangest and most minute of issues with a game and then let that derail their entire enjoyment of the rest of the game.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

3 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

These for me are the standouts.  I just want to see some gameplay for Last Campfire though.

Godfall looked a bit better here. Mortal Shell? More like Mortal Shit. More like Immortal Fail. JK. It isn't that bad but the IGN gameplay already turned me off, and this is almost the nail in the coffin for me. Zero hype for it at the moment. 

Only game that that interested me here was Alaloth - Champions of The Four Kingdoms. There is a better, longer, gameplay video they came out in April that makes the game look kinda good. 

The Menu art and Font reminds me a lot of DAIII. I really like what I have seen so far, but I wonder what the story/lore will be like. I really don't want a game were I dungeon dive for no reasons. I feel like a game like this needs Companions/Actual characters that you interact/(*vomits*) form bonds with. I don't mean combat companions, just some characters you can talk to in town with actual character and advancing dialogue, not just Shop NPCs and Quest Givers. 

Even if is just just mostly storyless dungeon diving, for the right price, and the right length, I'd still be willing to get it. I did add it to my wishlist. 

LOL pre-post Edit. Guess I should have read the YT description.

Alaloth - Champions of the Four Kingdoms is planned for release on Steam and Xbox One later this year. 

Game features:
– Master a unique, hardcore combat system
– Customize your character by choosing different Ways of Power, classes, and skills
– Explore, craft, gain reputation, and unlock new quests
– Choose one of 4 playable races (Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Orcs), 40+ houses and clans to fight for, each with their own history 
– Start your own legacy in The Four Kingdoms after the first playthrough
– 12 memorable companions with their own backstories, ready to join or fight you during your journey
– World, lore, and character backstories created in collaboration with RPG veteran Chris Avellone