Minecraft Dungeons

JPDunks4

Is no one playing this?

I've actually been really loving it.  While simple, it really does a good job of having a great loot system that makes finding new loot fun and meaningful.  Also has a lot if pretty varied build potential depending on the loot u find.

For whatever reason it's not a Play Anywhere title though which is bullshit since it lends itself perfectly for it.

My son and I have been having a great time with it! Its easy to jump into, pretty for a minecraft game, and the co-op is excellent! My neighbor and his son will be hoping into a 4 player session with us this weekend, should be a good time for the kids! :sun:

40 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I played the first two maps and the first secret area. It's good fun, i've just been busy ever since.

I have a good feeling they'll build on it in time. I think cross-play is in the works iirc.

Yeah you can actually play Xbox and PC right now even though its not officially in there.

I'm beat the first playthrough and am now in Adventure mode, where the difficulty def ramps up.  I played all the original maps at 2.7x difficulty, and it was a decent challenge, but nothing too crazy.  

I look forward to getting to a higher level where I can start trying to finalize some builds.  There is a decent amount of variety in loot, so I look forward to tinkering a bit.

Been running solo so far as well. 

Yeah it supports up to 4 local multiplayer.

And the loot is still divided in local multiplayer. The loot that drops gets color coated, and only the player of that color can pick it up.

That way one player can't just spam pick up all the loot.

I do wish there was a trading system in the game.

I'm having a lot of fun with it, but if does feel like some core ARPG mechanics are missing.

Like trading, element resistances, gear crafting, etc.

Looks like a casual ARPG...which kind of interests me. I really enjoy D3 and POE, but they are a bit of a grind, and it takes time to plan a build. I like that in this game you can just change your build on the fly with new items. It looks like it could use some additional content, like crafting or at least appearance-based-item crafting (armour, etc), but I just bought it!

4 hours ago, AshsToAshs said:

Yeah it supports up to 4 local multiplayer.

And the loot is still divided in local multiplayer. The loot that drops gets color coated, and only the player of that color can pick it up.

That way one player can't just spam pick up all the loot.

I do wish there was a trading system in the game.

I'm having a lot of fun with it, but if does feel like some core ARPG mechanics are missing.

Like trading, element resistances, gear crafting, etc.

I can see where trading would be useful, but I do think they're keeping it simple on purpose. I remember one of the developers mentioning that they wanted minimize the amount of time people spent in menu screens.

But who knows... we'll just have to wait and see how the game evolves.

20 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

For whatever reason it's not a Play Anywhere title though which is bullshit since it lends itself perfectly for it.

Its really upsetting to me that this isn't a Play Anywhere title. I swear I could have read a few sources claiming that it was and is the only reason I bought on the MS store instead of the mojang launcher.

3 hours ago, Nokt said:

Its really upsetting to me that this isn't a Play Anywhere title. I swear I could have read a few sources claiming that it was and is the only reason I bought on the MS store instead of the mojang launcher.

Windows Central had an article stating it was Play Anywhere, they since took it down.

I still dont understand why it isnt.  I guess it also doesnt support HDR10.  

I just watched Jim Sterling's Jimpressions video on it, and it literally left me scratching my head. For someone who seems to understand what the game is, he then proceeds to criticize it for everything it isn't. Typical Jim Sterling, if it's not for him, then it's shit.

• 2 weeks later...

Played it this weekend with my friend on couch co op and it's a really accessible Diablo type game. Normally the major bummer about playing Diablo with friends who don't normally play dungeon crawlers is the down time spent in the menus trying to explain to them what each thing does and this kinda eliminates most of that. Really enjoying it and can't wait for the DLC. My biggest gripe is no online couch co op. Would love to play a 4 player game with my online buddies while still playing couch co op. Mojang when is this gonna happen!?!

I got this for the kids after they are seeing it on youtube.  It has been fun and i've joined them playing it.  It is nice you can change the difficulty and repeat the levels for better gear.  I seem to have the worst RNG, cause both my kids have had epic? gear drop multiple times for them and I have seen none.

There are a few glitches here and there but overall not too bad.  

8 hours ago, The def star said:

My biggest gripe is no online couch co op. Would love to play a 4 player game with my online buddies while still playing couch co op. Mojang when is this gonna happen!?!

Are you playing on PS4?  I wonder if you can do share play to get around it.

2 hours ago, eggydoo said:

I got this for the kids after they are seeing it on youtube.  It has been fun and i've joined them playing it.  It is nice you can change the difficulty and repeat the levels for better gear.  I seem to have the worst RNG, cause both my kids have had epic? gear drop multiple times for them and I have seen none.

There are a few glitches here and there but overall not too bad.  

Are you playing on PS4?  I wonder if you can do share play to get around it.

Playing on Xbox via Game Pass. Mojang has said that couch co op online should come in an upcoming update as well as cross platform play. If they can get both patched in soon I would for sure double dip in a Switch version. 

Some of the better grear drop happens after you beat the campaign and play on adventure mode. I can definitely see Mojang supporting this game with tons of new grear, cosmetics and levels for years to come. It's already the number 1 selling Xbox and Switch game dethroning Animal Crossing. 

On 6/8/2020 at 10:46 AM, eggydoo said:

I seem to have the worst RNG, cause both my kids have had epic? gear drop multiple times for them and I have seen none.

I have been wondering if they somehow tied loot drops in multi-player to skill level. I have been playing a bunch with my two kids and the one that struggles has always got the best gear. My son that is a little more skilled is actually starting to get irritated at the game because his brother is constantly gloating that he has better stuff. 

53 minutes ago, number305 said:

I have been wondering if they somehow tied loot drops in multi-player to skill level. I have been playing a bunch with my two kids and the one that struggles has always got the best gear. My son that is a little more skilled is actually starting to get irritated at the game because his brother is constantly gloating that he has better stuff. 

I noticed this also. I have gotten good loot drops but my buddy who kept dying a lot just got more of it. Would make sense to help the lower skilled player with loot so they can struggle less.