Space Force trailer - Netflix, May 29

5 hours ago, TheLeon said:

For a recent comparison, I thought Avenue 5 had pretty bad trailers too, but I liked that. I feel like I could enjoy this cast doing just about anything. 

I was gonna say the same thing.  Avenue 5 had a very lame trailer but it's one of my favorite shows this year so far.

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve watched seven episodes. It’s not BAD but it’s super meh. There are some parts that are funny but there are way more parts that aren’t. I like some of the characters (Ben Schwartz, Jimmy Yang, Tawny Newsome). They try to make a lot of jokes about the military, government, and ignoring science but it’s usually not that funny. Steve Carrell’s relationship with his daughter has potential but I feel like most of it is wasted. I think the SHOW has potential. If they do a second season maybe they can learn from this one. 

9 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I watched two episodes and I thoughtn the second episode was funny as hell with the monkey and everything. 

Yeah that was great 

Spoiler

I loved how they needed the chimp to look at the drill and by the time he does they had burned several hours. And then the part where Carrell wants to give the chimp a medal but once he sees that he ate the dog he changes his mind lol. 

• Haha 1

On 5/26/2020 at 12:55 PM, ort said:

It's usually a bad sign when your trailer is boring.

I enjoyed some of the trailer, but if you didn’t, then I won’t hold it against you to not watch it. I have a rule myself; if you cannot get enough material to make the trailer interesting/funny, then I don’t trust the show or movie will be any good. 

I’ve seen some terrible projects with trailers that looked good. 

• 3 weeks later...

After reading some reviews I had a feeling this would be up my alley and the only part of the first episode I didn't like was what a bunch of reviews praised (the singing bit). I don't like The Office but think Carell is funny when he is a little more serious. I seen a lot of hate on the first episode hope this doesn't end up feeling too much like The Office at the end.

I’m four episodes in and it’s just okay. It has some pure laugh out loud moments but they are too far in between. Overall it’s a fun enough show to put on and enjoy during these stressful times, but I can’t help but this show is squandering its talent. I keep watching though because I love the cast and would like to see this show find its groove, because it certainly hasn’t yet. I love high concept comedies so I’m rooting for this one.