I need some legit ideas for making money

DPCyric

I have a website no money to advertise it, my overtime is almost over, driving Uber and Lyft hasn't been very lucrative... I work almost constantly and am getting nowhere... I have no problem working constantly as long as I am getting somewhere. My fiancee and daughter are in Thailand, I haven't seen them since April and my daughter just turned 5 (really am missing out on some of the best times). We have a lawyer, our paperwork and everything lined up for them to get over here last year before my job cut back on ridiculous amounts of overtime (I was working 7 days a week 10 hour days then went to 5 days a week with only sometimes 10 hour days). I'm looking for some creative ideas here hoping something comes up that I haven't considered (I'm thinking about streaming MTG on Twitch for one but don't have the gear for it yet)... I will have time to start doing some free advertising for my website once the overtime stops but I want to do more... I could drive Uber after work but not sure it's really going to get me where I need to be. I was keeping my chin up and doing pretty good with the struggle but my fiancee is rather poor and 6 months into our struggle it's really starting to get to her (I think it is because her washing machine died last month and she has to hand-wash everything...).  I feel like I have a better chance of success this year picking up a little extra money driving Uber and Lyft, got a set of much cheaper tires for my vehicle and have a website (that isn't making me money yet) but I need more options... suggestions?

2 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

I suppose the only alternatives are places with night work

I work third shift and drive Uber on the bar scene for the weekend!

3 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

What is your professional skillset?

My full-time job I run a machine and do general maintenance and upkeep on it, I was the head administrator of a forum for several years and have good leadership skills. 

If your career offers no advancement, then I suggest changing it. It is never too late to switch. You might have to start lower than you want, but when you get some experience, it is easy to job hop until you get a better paying job  

if you don’t want to leave your job then I would suggest going to trade school at night and getting a license to be an electrician or a plumber.  Those professions offer flexibility and good pay. If you end up liking the work, you can always transition. 

All of your get rich type schemes are extremely unlikely to be successful. Streaming is a dead end. How many people stream in the forums and have little to no following? Your best bet is to invest in yourself. Good luck 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

If your career offers no advancement, then I suggest changing it. It is never too late to switch. You might have to start lower than you want, but when you get some experience, it is easy to job hop until you get a better paying job  

if you don’t want to leave your job then I would suggest going to trade school at night and getting a license to be an electrician or a plumber.  Those professions offer flexibility and good pay. If you end up liking the work, you can always transition. 

All of your get rich type schemes are extremely unlikely to be successful. Streaming is a dead end. How many people stream in the forums and have little to no following? Your best bet is to invest in yourself. Good luck 

My schemes aren't really for getting rich just to supplement my income from my full-time job when overtime is not available. The trade school idea has potential... I need to keep my current job the pay and benefits are good for the area and the work is easy (I have a lot of physical disabilities that limit my job options). Good to know streaming is a dead end now so I don't invest in the equipment. I was interested in it because I am really good at MTG with a few top 8's at larger events (and lots of first place finishes in smaller ones) and it would give me a way to promote my website (there would also be a little money made from events I win). I just need to pull in a couple hundred extra a week to be doing a lot better.

4 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Depending on the size of your place could you get roommates?

This is a good idea! But I rent and only have a bathroom and a bedroom 😂

34 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

Apply for the 2020 Census on their website, pays $20/hour even if it is only temporary, you can essentially schedule your own hours for a lot of the positions. 

I will apply! After the overtime stops I have a good 5+ hours a day to work.

20 minutes ago, Rachel said:

Why do you need so much money? You only rent a bedroom? You already work full time? I don’t understand 

you really should a budget and see where your budget is going/needs to go. Might help give you some perspective.

world of warcraft legion GIF

5 hours ago, Rachel said:

Why do you need so much money? You only rent a bedroom? You already work full time? I don’t understand 

you really should a budget and see where your budget is going/needs to go. Might help give you some perspective. 

if you truly still need more money then you can apply for part time stuff or why not do Uber or Lyft like you said? That could be okay 

it’s in the thread

his fiancé and child are in Thailand and he is working on getting them to the United States

in doing so, he has had to hire a lawyer which can be quite expensive 

gentle enough for you?