Animal Crossing-themed Switch heading to stores March 13th

GameDadGrant

spacer.png

The first new Animal Crossing game on consoles in several years is almost here, and Nintendo is rolling out a special edition of its Switch to mark the occasion. This $300 Switch will arrive on March 13th, a week before the launch of Animal Crossing: New Horizons. It's covered in pastel colors, with two-toned Joy-Cons and a white dock that has some of the game's characters painted on it. The only thing it doesn't come with is the game itself -- that you'll have to buy separately.

It's available for pre-order at Best Buy if you're already throwing your money at the screen, or you can just buy the game by itself and play it on a normal Switch -- your choice. On the other hand, if you can't get enough but just don't need another console, Nintendo is releasing themed "Aloha Edition" carrying case and screen protector packages on the 13th for both the Switch and Switch Lite. The real good news, though, is that after a slew of videogame delays -- that included Animal Crossing slipping from its planned launch date last fall -- it looks like this one is just about ready to go on March 20th.

SOURCE

1 hour ago, GameDadGrant said:

spacer.png

The first new Animal Crossing game on consoles in several years is almost here, and Nintendo is rolling out a special edition of its Switch to mark the occasion. This $300 Switch will arrive on March 13th, a week before the launch of Animal Crossing: New Horizons. It's covered in pastel colors, with two-toned Joy-Cons and a white dock that has some of the game's characters painted on it. The only thing it doesn't come with is the game itself -- that you'll have to buy separately.

It's available for pre-order at Best Buy if you're already throwing your money at the screen, or you can just buy the game by itself and play it on a normal Switch -- your choice. On the other hand, if you can't get enough but just don't need another console, Nintendo is releasing themed "Aloha Edition" carrying case and screen protector packages on the 13th for both the Switch and Switch Lite. The real good news, though, is that after a slew of videogame delays -- that included Animal Crossing slipping from its planned launch date last fall -- it looks like this one is just about ready to go on March 20th.

SOURCE

Your late as usual :p

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Alpha1Cowboy said:

If the game came with it I'd bite....as is I have to buy 4 AC games to cover my three kids and myself...Nintendo is devious as fuck.  

I do believe it has couch co-op.

But you're still only stuck with one fucking island though, so if you dont want to share, you're SOL.

7 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I do believe it has couch co-op.

But you're still only stuck with one fucking island though, so if you dont want to share, you're SOL.

Dat walled garden where they completely control your experience. Used exclusively to make sure you don't have too good of a time for too cheap. :cool:

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

Dat walled garden where they completely control your experience. Used exclusively to make sure you don't have too good of a time for too cheap. :cool:

Yeah. Nintendo's always been pretty anti-consumer but this new angle where they want all the kids in a household to have their own Switch, going so far as to gimp several of their games to only support a single save file is pretty shitty.

I think the Switch is a decent device but i kinda feel like i shouldve stopped supporting Nintendo a long time ago.

On 2/2/2020 at 7:48 PM, XxEvil AshxX said:

Yeah. Nintendo's always been pretty anti-consumer but this new angle where they want all the kids in a household to have their own Switch, going so far as to gimp several of their games to only support a single save file is pretty shitty.

I think the Switch is a decent device but i kinda feel like i shouldve stopped supporting Nintendo a long time ago.

I’m a little confused. What are you looking for? Multiple, unique towns for each individual user on a single console?

Or...?

2 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

I’m a little confused. What are you looking for? Multiple, unique towns for each individual user on a single console?

Or...?

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Each user to have their own town 

Yeah. I only have one Switch and I can tell you right now my wife and I sharing the same island would be an absolute nightmare. Mainly for me.

14 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Yeah. I only have one Switch and I can tell you right now my wife and I sharing the same island would be an absolute nightmare. Mainly for me.

LOL!

I dunno, that kinda ruins the whole “work together to make a new community” aspect, right? Heh, I remember back in the day my roommates and I all shared the same town back on Gamecube and it was awesome. 

But, to each one’s own. I wonder if there is some kind of work-around that can be used? Like maybe putting in a different microSD card (with different save data) would allow multiple towns to be on the same system, for different users. Just like how that was possible on the Gamecube original! 

Though you wouldn’t be able to visit each other’s towns that way, I guess. But maybe that would be for the best?

On 2/4/2020 at 7:12 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

Visiting other people’s towns is more fun than being in the same one. You know, the way New Leaf was?

That is also fun! I loved New Leaf<3

On 2/4/2020 at 10:18 AM, XxEvil AshxX said:

I can't virtually co-exist with my wife. She keeps killing my Sim. You know how it feels to have a wife that keeps virtually killing you?

Well if it’s any consolation, you can’t die in Animal Crossing. So your virtual life is safe! :D 

22 hours ago, Rodimus said:

I never played Animal Crossing.

Then you have never truly lived. 

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Only one island and you can’t transfer save data between consoles according to a translated German back cover. 

Tearing Nancy Pelosi GIF by GIPHY News

Why would you do that anyway? :confused:

On 2/4/2020 at 12:54 PM, Rodimus said:

I never played Animal Crossing.

Da fuq

9 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Only one island and you can’t transfer save data between consoles according to a translated German back cover. 

Tearing Nancy Pelosi GIF by GIPHY News

yupp, that is how Pokémon is