Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 12 Trailer

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

When he thought last season was going to be the last, on the final episode when Larry falls into the pool, they filmed an ending where he drowns and dies (you just see the paper float to the top and then a bubble several seconds later -> roll credits) but then decided not to use it :p 

I would have been totally good with that too even though a lot of the Maria Sofia stuff in that season was rough. But the show deserves a real ending, whatever that means for Curb (which maybe means Larry falls into a pool and dies). :p 

Also doppelganger Mocha Joe was pretty good. Also tagging everyone else who should be watching based on this thread:

@Massdriver

@SuperSpreader

@skillzdadirecta

@Brian

@Amazatron

@Mercury33

@thewhyteboar

@Moa

I have enjoyed it so far. I will say as we approach another election, my fatigue for political humor is hitting an all time high. I kind of wish this was in LA surrounded by his frenemies. When Larry was being Larry at that party, to me that’s peak CYE. Depends on how much it remains political, but it may be a season I enjoy more on a rewatch at a later date once past this never-ending election cycle. 

This was a pretty great episode - a lot of plotlines but they weaved pretty well, and the day players like the golf tutor had some genuinely good improvised lines like: "it's not a lingering bench, it's an aesthetic bench". Also, the ridiculousness of the women interested in Larry continues, this time it's Sienna Miller. Also great to see Vince Vaughn back, who brings a great energy to every scene. And more Richard Lewis!

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 5 from yesterday was one of the best episodes so far this season, really strong work by the comedy day players (the waiter at the Chinese restaurant and Jenna the girlfriend) with a pretty tight script. Now that it looks like Larry is definitely going to trial over the water bottle incident in Georgia, could we see a repeat of the ending of Seinfeld but done better so Larry can redeem himself in his own eyes about the ending to Seinfeld? Definitely interesting that it's heading in the same direction.

100% we're heading to a Seinfeld-like Finale.

I thought it was one of Vince Vaughn stronger CYE appearance. Just a good story thread of being excited about his new girlfriend but mistakes what works at Disney means, lol.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And that's a wrap on Curb Your Enthusiasm! Twenty five years, one special, and 12 seasons later and we're at the finish line. Overall, the series finale was solid, pretty indicative of good but not great late stage Curb Your Enthusiasm. It was nice that Larry David (and Jerry Seinfeld, who shows up here) got their do-over on the Seinfeld ending, and it was great having Jerry back, even if only for a bit as his energy with LD is very different from everyone else's since he's far more similar to LD. Some great cameos as usual and some fun fan service. It's sad to see the show go but I do think it's been well past time for it to officially end since things haven't been the same with the show since the big time jump gap (in real life) between season 8 (2011) and season 9 (2017). Larry David stopped solely writing every episode and the longer episodes later in the show's life were shabbier and less tightly edited than the previous seasons. That being said, I'm glad we got so much Curb Your Enthusiasm, there are so many things I'll remember from this show from pants tent to "13 unbelievable hours" of Jerry Seinfeld having sex with all of his female co-stars during Seinfeld. 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2024 at 11:20 AM, Greatoneshere said:

And that's a wrap on Curb Your Enthusiasm! Twenty five years, one special, and 12 seasons later and we're at the finish line. Overall, the series finale was solid, pretty indicative of good but not great late stage Curb Your Enthusiasm. It was nice that Larry David (and Jerry Seinfeld, who shows up here) got their do-over on the Seinfeld ending, and it was great having Jerry back, even if only for a bit as his energy with LD is very different from everyone else's since he's far more similar to LD. Some great cameos as usual and some fun fan service. It's sad to see the show go but I do think it's been well past time for it to officially end since things haven't been the same with the show since the big time jump gap (in real life) between season 8 (2011) and season 9 (2017). Larry David stopped solely writing every episode and the longer episodes later in the show's life were shabbier and less tightly edited than the previous seasons. That being said, I'm glad we got so much Curb Your Enthusiasm, there are so many things I'll remember from this show from pants tent to "13 unbelievable hours" of Jerry Seinfeld having sex with all of his female co-stars during Seinfeld. 

Yeah I also enjoyed it a lot and liked how they closed it out. I really enjoyed

Spoiler

Jerry saying all the recordings were on laser disc. I'm sure he was just fucking with Leon, but it was still a great way to do it :p 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Moa said:

I cannot believe that this show began in 2000. It’s been a while since I watched the earlier seasons but I really don’t associate it with that era. 

Yeah it's shockingly close to the end of the Seinfeld. I didn't remember them being that close together. But I was still a teenager then, so small intervals of time could feel much longer :p 

I knew in my heart that Larry David wasn’t telegraph from the beginning of this season that he was gonna repeat the Seinfeld finale without there being some sort of twist. I enjoyed the fake out ending with Jerry showing up to essentially apologize for the Seinfeld finale. I never hated how that show ended but this ending makes the case against it. It is more satisfying seeing Larry free at the end. We know he’s not a good person but we followed him for two decades and we want him to be in a relatively okay place at the end.

Not gonna lie I got a little emotional seeing the main cast together at the end, still bickering as always. Lewis was not looking great this season but glad he was able join this season, especially in the final scene. Lewis may be gone but the fictional version of him on Curb still lives and that is a truly comforting thought.