Watching Terminator 3: Rise of The Machines

I always thought this movie got a bad rap but watching it now, I was wrong. This is NOT a good movie. So many hokey moments and the direction feels like a late 90's sci-fi channel movie with a slightly bigger budget.  Looking at it now, this just doesn't feel like something that was in the theaters. The cinematography is so flat and so many big moments feel... small. And the digital effects just don't hold up. In fact they were never that good in the first place. I think i gave this movie a pass because I just really wanted to see more Terminator as the franchise is one of my favorites (despite the fact that most of the movies are trash) I think the most recent Terminator movie is probably the third best after the first two.  So I'd rank the Terminator movies like this, 2>1>6>>>>3>>>>>5.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>4

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

I remember liking T3 in the second half when it started to become its own thing. But on a rewatch, while I was still entertained, the camerawork also stuck out. Sometimes, it looked like they just placed actors there and shot instead of doing any kind of framing.

EXACTLY what I noticed last night.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

I remember liking T3 in the second half when it started to become its own thing. But on a rewatch, while I was still entertained, the camerawork also stuck out. Sometimes, it looked like they just placed actors there and shot instead of doing any kind of framing.

That's really offensive. 

I felt that while it was by far the weakest of the original Terminator trilogy, it was still a fun movie to watch and had the guts to give it the ending it did.

I personally recognize it as the final "real" Terminator movie and feel that if it had actually been the last movie, it would be remembered with less disdain.