Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

12 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Anybody here play Fallout: New Vegas BC? I was talking to someone and they mentioned it has some major glitches? It was one of the games i wanted to finally play after i eventually get a series X so it bummed me out when he told me that.

I played a little but of it on BC and had no problems. What kinds of glitches are they talking about?

12 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I played a little but of it on BC and had no problems. What kinds of glitches are they talking about?

He mentioned issues with quests glitching so you couldn't finish them from what I remember.

I think I might own the game but can't play it because it's in my steam library. It has been a few years since I used my steam account. 

10 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

He mentioned issues with quests glitching so you couldn't finish them from what I remember.

I think I might own the game but can't play it because it's in my steam library. It has been a few years since I used my steam account. 

Why are you asking about Fallout on Xbox being BC then talking about your steam account? You can't play the steam version on the Xbox. :p

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Why are you asking about Fallout on Xbox being BC then talking about your steam account? You can't play the steam version on the Xbox. :p

My PC hasn't worked right in a few years so i haven't played any of my steam games in a long time. I couldn't even get it to connect online and the CPU heatsink died so i gave up trying. I will probably get a Series X way before i can save up enough for a new PC. I was just saying i probably own New Vegas that i haven't ever played but i don't remember if it's in my steam backlog or not. I wasn't saying i could play that version on the series X.

8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

What about apple products?

Apple packaging is still solid, I just wish they would try to do something a little new.

16 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

They just copied what Apple was doing though 👀

If you watch the XSX unboxing you will see it is different. Besides the point MS has gotten into doing some useful things in their packaging like using icons to outline the ports on the protective covering on surface tablets.

I tried looking to see if I could find a screenshot example but couldn't so you'll just have to check these unboxing videos.

Surf Pro X - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1loHEucsX9U

Surf Go 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OooX54LT3iQ&t=45s

51 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

My PC hasn't worked right in a few years so i haven't played any of my steam games in a long time. I couldn't even get it to connect online and the CPU heatsink died so i gave up trying. I will probably get a Series X way before i can save up enough for a new PC. I was just saying i probably own New Vegas that i haven't ever played but i don't remember if it's in my steam backlog or not. I wasn't saying i could play that version on the series X.

Open up the steam app on your phone and you can look at your library!

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

More than I thought you would have had but certainly sounds like a steam account. :p

I had more spending money when i paid $500 a month with a roommate for a nice 2 bedroom apartment. 7 years later and I'm paying $994 for a studio in Reno and this place has rent assistance.The average rent for an apartment in Reno is $1,268.

• Sad 1

Starting to show some of the doubling of old framerates.  Fallout 4 being the first.

Xbox-Series-X-S_-Backward-Compatibility_
NEWS.XBOX.COM

As gamers, we know how important it is to preserve and respect your gaming legacy. We believe your favorite games and franchises, your progression and achievements, your Xbox One gaming accessories and the friendships and communities you create through gaming should all move with you across generations. We also fundamentally believe that not only should you be able to play all of your […]

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

Starting to show some of the doubling of old framerates.  Fallout 4 being the first.

Xbox-Series-X-S_-Backward-Compatibility_
NEWS.XBOX.COM

As gamers, we know how important it is to preserve and respect your gaming legacy. We believe your favorite games and franchises, your progression and achievements, your Xbox One gaming accessories and the friendships and communities you create through gaming should all move with you across generations. We also fundamentally believe that not only should you be able to play...

In addition however, the backward compatibility team has developed new methods for effectively doubling the framerate on select titles. While not applicable for many titles due to the game’s original physics or animations, these new techniques the team has developed can push game engines to render more quickly for a buttery smooth experience beyond what the original game might have delivered due to the capabilities of the hardware.  

This was always going to be the case, but it's nice to see they've been able to make it work in some situations.

It's the same issue that emulators have with 60fps patches.  Things can break.  But the more modern the game, the better shot MS has at getting rid of a 30fps lock.

7 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

This was always going to be the case, but it's nice to see they've been able to make it work in some situations.

Wouldn't games also on PC's running at uncapped frames be easy scaling up?  I'm assuming those games physics and animations are fine scaling up FPS cause it already does so on PC?

9 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Wouldn't games also on PC's running at uncapped frames be easy scaling up?  I'm assuming those games physics and animations are fine scaling up FPS cause it already does so on PC?

Depends entirely on the nature of the port: if the PC port came later, what they did to get it optimized for consoles, etc.

21 hours ago, chakoo said:

There is an unboxing video out there. Microsoft continues to be masters at packaging up their tech.

The Simpsons Reaction GIF by FOX International Channels

(I'm not kidding, Surface products packaging is still some of my favorite)

You mean this one?

zh3oze.jpg?Expires=1602897300&Signature=
STREAMABLE.COM

Watch "XBOX SERIES X UNBOXING" on Streamable.

• Thanks 2

Launch lineup revealed.

Next-Gen exclusive:

• Bright Memory 1.0

AAA - Next-Gen updated:

• Assassin's Creed Valhalla (Smart Delivery) 
  • Borderlands 3 (Smart Delivery
  • Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition
  • DIRT 5 (Smart Delivery)
  • Fortnite
  • Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
  • Gears 5 (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
  • Gears Tactics (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
  • Grounded (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
  • NBA 2K21
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
  • Sea of Thieves (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
  • Watch Dogs: Legion (Smart Delivery)
  • WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship (Smart Delivery)
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon (Smart Delivery)

Indie - Next-Gen updated

• Cuisine Royale (Smart Delivery)
  • Dead by Daylight (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
  • Enlisted
  • Evergate
  • The Falconeer (Smart Delivery)
  • King Oddball (Smart Delivery)
  • Maneater (Smart Delivery)
  • Manifold Garden (Smart Delivery)
  • Observer: System Redux
  • Planet Coaster (Smart Delivery)
  • Tetris Effect: Connected (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
  • The Touryst (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
  • War Thunder (Smart Delivery)
  • Warhammer: Chaosbane Slayer Edition
  • Yes, Your Grace (Smart Delivery)

EDIT: Divided into AAA/Indie

XSX_XSS_Design_HERO.jpg?fit=1920%2C1080
NEWS.XBOX.COM

The launch of a new generation of games is the culmination of epic creative and technical endeavors from developers around the globe, all focused on a single goal: delivering immersive new experiences and rich new worlds to explore. The Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S day one lineup reflects this incredible ingenuity – bringing you a creative, diverse and deep collection of iconic, inventive, and...

A few odds and ends:

- Bright Memory 1.0.  That means the fully fledged project, Bright Memory Infinite, won't release until later 2021.  No biggie, it's an indie team.  Like Gears Tactics, the PC version of 1.0 has been available for a while, but should be new for console owners.  PC owners of 1.0 will get Infinite for free, so hopefully the same applies on Series X/S.

- Scorn must have missed launch day.  Like The Medium, it's still slated to come this year.  Assuming the same about the Control re-release too.

- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, The Falconeer and Tetris Effect: Connected are the games that will be available for the very first time on launch day, November 10th.  Yakuza: Like a Dragon as well, if you don't count the Japan PS4 release.

This should help with some of the fears over heat. 

17 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

A few odds and ends:

- Scorn must have missed launch day.  Like The Medium, it's still slated to come this year.  Assuming the same about the Control re-release too.

- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, The Falconeer and Tetris Effect: Connected are the games that will be available for the very first time on launch day, November 10th.  Yakuza: Like a Dragon as well, if you don't count the Japan PS4 release.

* Yakuza: Like a Dragon hits ps4 on the same date in NA.

* Medium reconfirmed their release date of Dec 10 recently - https://www.gamesradar.com/the-medium-release-date/

* I'm a bit shocked DMC is now listed for launch, I though it was always a December release for XSX & PS5.

xboxseriesx-listing-02-760x380.jpg
ARSTECHNICA.COM

In good news, we finally have a stunning 120fps game. But not much else, games-wise.

We've seen hints of this year's "next-gen" content for Xbox Series X, most notably in a sizzle reel from NBA 2K21's next-gen edition. In that game's preview video, players, coaches, jersey fabric, crowds, and floor reflections have all been so touched up that the combined result barely resembles its current-gen sibling. But how will that look on Xbox Series X compared to PS5? Will EA Sports perform similar wizardry for its slate of games, which have all had next-gen patches teased (but no gameplay footage shown yet)? Will the ray tracing effects in Watch Dogs Legion's PC version find their way to either console this year? How will next-gen updates for boundary-pushing software like Control and Borderlands 3 look and perform?

For now, we are left wondering how brief sizzle reel reveals from earlier this year will look on actual hardware, in the form of actual gameplay. Gears 5's impressive update is proof that Series X has power to spare, and there's no reason to doubt that developers will exploit it at some point. It's just a matter of when. This November? Next year? That remains to be seen.

Sounds like journalists are still in the dark with most of the updates.  But Gears 5 performs well at 120fps.