State-sponsored domestic terrorists/fucking cowards use occupied civilian cars for cover to murder hostage and bystander

1 hour ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Police in Canada are not allowed to have a car chase in a dangerous manner.  Nor would they be allowed to initiate a shootout on a busy road.  Public safety is always prioritized over capturing fleeing criminals.

I am surprised that most US police forces are allowed to do this.

In my city there is a small group of known car thieves that consistently get away. If followed by police, the thieves will go into the 150km/h+ range on city streets. So if the police are unable to corner them right away they will simply let them get away as high-speed chases are not allowed. There are of course some members of the public who are angry about this...but killing bystanders is not worth recovering stolen property.

It blows my mind that high-speed chases are not only a thing in the US, but that they are kind of celebrated and televised.

1 hour ago, Massdriver said:

Dear lord it’s bad. I’m disappointed with the headlines not capturing how fucked this was. 

Every headline dealing with police doing something awful had a disappointing headline. It's been like that forever, even if this one is egregious. Headlines would make you think the hostage takers are who killed this guy.